Chapter 7: True Intentions

--A/n: Long chapter warning!

-1st Person POV-

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice suddenly asked, making me jump up and hit my elbow on the table. I had also proceeded to knock over a couple of statues from the table onto the floor, causing panic to rise up in my throat. I yelped, rushing to put them back in their proper places, when the voice inquired once again, "Are you alright? You seem tense."

I stood upright, dusting myself off as I plastered on a smile, rubbing my arm to ease the new pain. "Shishio-san! What a pleasant surprise. No, uhm, I'm fine, just needed to get my thoughts together, you know how it is."

The martial artist tilted his head slightly to the left, an obvious question burning in his eyes. Despite this, he simply gestured towards the table behind me, saying, "I apologize for scaring you. I was simply concerned, you ran past me at such a quick pace. I could only catch a glimpse at your face, but it was enough to see you were distressed over something."

I stiffened, an embarrassed smile spreading across my face. "Amazing. You don't miss anything, do you, Shishio-san?"

"Please, just call me Tsukasa," the martial artist smiled, reaching a strong hand out to me. I stared at it for a moment, hesitating before reluctantly placing mine in his. "It's nice to meet you...?"

"Oh, I'm (Y/n)," I replied. "Senku's lab partner, if you will. We're the ones who have done all the scientific stuff around here." I shot a glance over Tsukasa's shoulder, finding Senku climbing up into the treehouse while Taiju trailed behind him. "We should follow the other two," I promptly stated, gesturing towards the treehouse. "I'm sure you haven't properly introduced yourself to the others yet."

Tsukasa nodded, releasing my hand before shifting to the side, creating a passage for me to go through. Slipping past, I entered the clearing and admired the scenery for the first time in a long time. Inhaling a deep breath of fresh air, I took the time to appreciate how the past thirty-seven hundred years have cleared the atmosphere by restoring the number of gigatons of carbon in the biosphere and lessening the amount in the atmosphere.

Tsukasa followed me out of the lab and he gazed around the clearing, eyes widening as he took in the decent architecture of everything we put together. "You three put all this stuff together?" He asked, sending me an astonished look since I stood right next to him.

I nodded, gesturing towards the structures around the clearing. "Yeah, Senku and I put together most of this stuff, like the treehouse and the laboratory."

"You've made quite a bit of progress, the three of you by yourselves, haven't you?"

I beamed proudly towards the lab, nodding. "We truly have."

The taller male sent me a glance, his eyes burning with an emotion I couldn't quite put my finger on. I shivered as his gaze lingered for a bit too long, sweat starting to form on my forehead before he turned to make his way up to the treehouse where the other two already were. I let out a sigh of relief, my hand reaching up to my chest where my heart was beating rapidly. "Holy shit, calm down, (Y/n)..."

I raced to follow Tsukasa up into the treehouse, where he was standing near Senku with a small smile gracing his face. "My name is Shishio Tsukasa, but you can call me Tsukasa." He stuck his hand out to Senku, who glanced over his shoulder at him with disinterest before he turned back to the task he had been working on.

"There's no use for last names in this stone world." He pointed towards himself and began introducing each one of us. "I'm Senku, and standing next to you is (Y/n), my trusty lab partner. We're responsible for all the scientific advancement around here." Senku gestured towards Taiju. "And that is the weak-minded Taiju, our labor force."