Chapter 5: The First Revival

-1st Person Pov-

"Soooo...who're we gonna bring back first?" Taiju inquired, breaking the silence between the three of us.

My expression went blank as I tapped my chin in thought, not having a single clue who to bring back first. "Uhhh..."

Senku gave a shrug, as well, saying, "Well, we're gonna bring all of humanity back sooner or later, so it really doesn't matter too much who we start with." A grim smile made its way onto his face as he lifted his hands in the air and added, "However, it wouldn't be in our interest to bring back some homicidal maniac in this stone world first thing, right?"

Taiju placed a hand on his chin as he hummed in agreement, suddenly deep in thought while Senku and I stared at him for a moment, waiting to see if he'd say anything. When he didn't, Senku stood from his spot on the ground, dusting himself off. "Well, I don't really feel like choosing who we revive first." He tilted his head in my direction, red eyes shining. "Do you, (Y/n)?"

With a smile I shook my head, sending a glance over at Taiju. "Nope, not in the slightest."

A sparkle appeared in Taiju's eyes as realization washed over his face. "Does that mean...?"

"You can choose who gets revived first, you big oaf."

I laughed as I watched Taiju attempt to contain his excitement. "Thanks, guys! My choice is super obvious!!"

As we cleaned up a little, Senku began gathering the materials and created the necessary amount of revival fluid to bring a person back. "Okay, I've got everything we'll need to bring back our speedy craftswoman," Senku informed Taiju and me, making me grin widely.

"Yes! We're bringing her back!" I glanced over at Taiju, eyes wide and shining. "Are you gonna finish your confession, Taiju??"

The brunette turned bright pink, rubbing the back of his neck at my question. "W-well, uh, that's the plan! I-I think..."

"(Y/n), what the hell are you going on about?" Senku questioned, taking the lead as our trio began walking to where Yuzuriha's statue was being protected by the old camphor tree. "Of course he's gonna finish his confession, it was interrupted halfway through."

I paused. "Oh, yeah, you do have a point there."

Meanwhile, Taiju was blushing like crazy, making me laugh. "Aww, Taiju! It's fine, we won't tease about it too much anymore." I placed a hand on Taiju's shoulder, giving him a thumbs-up. "You got this!!"

"Heh, thanks, (Y/n)!" Taiju grinned, returning the hand gesture.

We reached Yuzuriha about fifteen minutes later. I stood at the base of the enormous camphor tree and stared up at its glory. I felt my eyes begin to water as I stared up at the vibrant green leaves that hung overhead, shielding the sun from our eyes. "Wow...this tree used to be significantly smaller..." I ran a hand along the tree's trunk, my gaze softening. "This really is an indication that time has passed, isn't it?"

"No time to get sentimental," Senku smirked, a hand falling onto my shoulder. "We've got a job to handle first."

I nodded, taking one more look at the gigantic tree before returning to Senku's side in front of Yuzuriha's statue.

Taiju grinned from ear to ear, his dark eyes shimmering in the sun as he asked, "So, all we gotta do is pour this on her and Yuzuriha'll come back to life, right?!"

"Yep, that should be it," I smiled, only to stop as I noticed the aura around Senku. He was casually swirling the revival fluid around within its bottle, a devilish smirk crossing his face as his eyes darkened.