daily troubles with y/n ( scar )

y/n's age: 6
scarlett's age: 27
plot: just you being stubborn
warning: none not unless you have a bad past of not eating as a child, cause same...
a/n: not that long, sorry
....................................................................................

narrators pov

"come on just drink it please" scarlett begged, getting tired of trying to get you to drink pediasure. all you did was whine and push the bottle away from you. "y/n. you either eat your dinner or drink this." she says, sternly. < pediasure was literally my worst enemy as a kid >

"noo" you whine out, squirming in your seat, sounding as if a tantrum was going to occur. "y/n, you've already bathed, and changed into your pajamas, it's time to get something in this belly. therefore, dinner or pediasure" she says, not leaving you any room for compromise.

"neither" you said, shaking your head while jumping down from the chair she had you placed on. before you could get far, she picked you up placing you on her hip. "absolutely not, we don't run away from me." she scolds, making you whine more and push your head into her chest.

"y/n you're tired, the quicker you get something in this belly the quicker you go to bed." she says, going back to your seat at the dining room table. "noo, mama please. i don't want it, all i wanna do is cuddle with you." you whine, about to hit her so she would put you down but remembering what happened the last time you did that. all it resulted in was an upset mother and you in a corner for 5 minutes, not getting what you want.

"i'm not drinking or eating anything so stoppp." you whine out, trying to be snarky. "you are because i'm your mother and this is what's best for you. it's not good to not eat y/n." she scolds, trying to push the straw between your lips. "noo, i'm not a baby. i don't wanna drink it. plus, i'm not even hungry." you whine out, at the exact moment your stomach grumbles.

"your stomach says differently, and this isn't for 'babies' even if it was you need to drink it because you don't eat. if you ate your dinner then you wouldn't have to drink so much of this stuff." scarlett says, basically rewording what the doctors told her. "it is for babies, and i'm not hungry therefore i am not eating or drinking anything." you say, sternly using her own 'fancy word' against her.

"fine, you don't wanna eat then you can go to bed." she says, picking you up and placing you on her hip. you smile lightly, thinking that you've won. you smile soon started to fade when you seen that you were heading towards your room.

"mama, why are we in here? i'm already ready for bed." you say, not connecting the dots yet. "what do you mean? you're going to bed." she asks, moving the blankets and placing you down.

you just looked at her with pure confusion and furrowed eyebrows. "we aren't sleeping together tonight, girls who don't eat don't get to cuddle with mama." she says, tucking you in.

then it clicked. she didn't put anything away or turn off any lights. she didn't even throw away your pediasure... she was never planning on cuddling with you when she said you could go to bed.

"but mama, i wanna cuddle with you." you whine, making grabby arms at her. "and i want you to have something in that belly of yours. we all don't get what we want, now do we?" she asks, smirking a little. she knows what she's doing.

"fine" you muttered out, but just enough for scarlett to catch it. "fine? what's fine?" she asks, dumbfounded. "i'll drink the stupid pediasure" you said, getting up from your bed. "thank you" she says, smiling knowing she won.

she placed you back on her hip and headed downstairs. "we can watch a movie while you drink it, if you want" she says, while you take small sips of the drink. you nod into her side. "okay, what movie?" she asks, making you think for a few seconds.

"tangled!" you exclaimed out. "tangled it is"

——

sorry, this is short but i needed to throw something out here because i still haven't started the next chapter of that short story. i apologize, i'm getting writers block on that topic...

i love you guys, i hope you're doing well. please make sure to eat, and make sure e you're drinking water and just taking care of yourself in general. :)

word count: 786

- lia <3