counting < nat >

loveforwanda widowswife00 I LOVE YOU GUYS' SM <33 YOURE THE BEST! also they got a sneak peek lol

y/n's age: 6

James (your brother): 11

Natasha's age: 33

Steve's age: 34 (jk he's a fossil)

warnings: romanogers if you don't like them, upset Nat, raising of voice, etc.

a/n: uhm i love you guys and this chapter came to me from a video on TikTok (it had nothing to do with this though 😭)

-/-

narrators pov

"y/n 'lybov, where are you?" Natasha called out, walking all around her and Steve's house looking for you. "James, have you seen your sister?" she asked your older brother, who was in the living room watching tv. "Uhm no, but as far as I know she's upset with you." James responded, pausing his show. "Why?" Natasha asked, with furrowed eyebrows. "I don't know, she just came in here saying how angry she was with you." James states, shrugging his shoulders. < love >

"Do you know where she might be? i have to take her to dance practice." Natasha asks, deciding to just ask you what she did wrong when she finds you. "Uhm did you check her safe place? when she's upset, she either goes to you, me or her safe place." Natasha laughs a little at the fact that you don't go to Steve for your problems. "No i didn't. I'll go check now. thank you, detka." Natasha says. kissing his forehead and leaving the room. < baby >

due to Natasha's past, she knows what it feels like to not be able to express emotions. the last thing she wanted for her kids was for them to feel like they didn't have a place in the world. the second you could talk and really understand your emotions Natasha and Steve made both you and your brother safe places for when you didn't want to talk or when you needed time to yourself. both parents found that it was an amazing addition to your house.

although, you and James both preferred Natasha. you were more independent and stubborn. you got in the most trouble, had the most attitude, and spent more time in your safe place. as of right now, you're in your safe place reading a book that Steve had gotten you for your most recent birthday. you didn't have a specific reason to why you were upset with Natasha but you could name a bunch of little things she did that tipped you over the edge.

she was breathing too loud when you were playing with your toys, she gave you your eggs sunny side up instead of scrambled, she didn't give you a good morning kiss, she was showing way too much affection to Steve this morning instead of you, and worst of all she hadn't even asked you how your day was going.

Natasha made it a habit where three times a day, she would ask you guys how your day was going (afternoon), if you slept well (morning), how your day went (night). today she hadn't asked you how you slept the night before or if you day was going well. it was now around two o'clock and you knew it was almost time for dance. you could NOT dance in this mood.

you heard Natasha calling out for you for around the past eight minutes, but you didn't care. you continued to read your book until there was a knock on the small hatch that lead to your loft. "y/n? can i come in to talk?" you heard Natasha say, her voice smooth and comforting. "No mama." you replied, fast and rudely.

"Why not? did i do something wrong?" she asks, respecting your wish and not coming inside. "You did a lot of things wrong and I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now." you replied, bluntly. "How about you come out, go to dance and we talk about it after?" she tries to reason. "Can daddy come with me to dance?" you ask, not wanting to go with Natasha.