𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 4

Taera continues reading the book of Westeros of then to now

Taera continues reading the book of Westeros of then to now. Taera always adored reading. It was the only way she could escape. From being called a bastard all her life since her father was unknown. But, don't underestimate her. Under all of that reading, came with lots of fighting skills, it doesn't mean she enjoyed it though. Some of her cousins did though, the Sand Snakes. Obara, Nymeria, and Tyene. She had a love hate relationship with them. Once in awhile they would always mention her father. Taera didn't care though. Taera didn't like traveling either, she promised herself that Dorne would stay her home forever, all the other kingdoms could go non-existent. Well, that was before she befriended some of the royals from Kingslanding, she doesn't like to speak of it though, especially that one boy.

"At least I know that I am worth something"

She always thought to herself.

(A month earlier)

Taera skipped through the pages until she found the chapter about Dorne. The door knocked.

"Go away!" Taera shouted while staring at the book.

"Taera, it's me." Uncle Oberyn told through the door.

Taera sighed, "Come in."

"You're reading that book again?" He asked after shutting the door.

"Yes, it's way more interesting than it seems." She gleams. "Do you know about the white walkers?"

Oberyn laughs patting his hand on Taera's shoulder. "Oh Taera, those things aren't real whatsoever."

Taera didn't believe him. "Uncle, you know I'm always right."

Oberyn nodded, "indeed you are, sometimes." He emphasized. "For what I came here for, pack your things, we will be heading to Kingslanding."

Taera's smile went down to being disgusted. "Kingslanding? Are you serious?"

"Yes I am Taera," Oberyn starting being serious. "do you have a problem?"

"Yes I do! I want to stay in Dorne, I don't want to see any of them."

Oberyn had sat down. "But you didn't when you were younger, you made friends with the Targaryens and Mayweather girls."

"The Mayweathers aren't the problem, it's Ryanera." Taera stated before she crossed her arms.

"What about the prince? Prince Aegon?" Oberyn asked.

Taera stayed quiet for a moment. "He's okay, I guess."

"Well Taera, whatever childish drama you have save it for later," Oberyn stood up, "the Starks will also be there."

Taera had never met the Starks, so she felt neutral about it.

Oberyn had kissed her on the head. "Please hurry before your mother gives me a hard time, again!" Oberyn rushed out the door.

Taera had lied to Oberyn. Yes she wanted to only stay in Dorne, but there's this one person she was curious about and was the only reason she wanted to go, Prince Aegon. Also Robb Stark, but she wasn't too on about him. During Taera's time at Kingslanding, the prince felt like her only friend, the Mayweathers too of course, but her and Aegon had a different connection, at least she thinks.

"Ew." Taera said after thinking about it.

She shook her head and started to sort her items and pack.