Vol 2 Ch 2- The preparations begin

Guss who's back! Back again! Nightingale's back! Tell a friend!

______________________________________________________________________________________

There was something sakura Airi was hiding, and it was most likely that she was a witness to the fight between Sudou and the three Class C guys.

Now I can't just go there and ask her about it, that would be stupid and scare her. The way she was acting yesterday easily told me she is anti-social and scared to talk to people. Though I can't see why she wouldn't say just say that she is a witness even with her anti-social personality. Her being a witness, and confessing to it would a boon for us, and probably help us win the case.

The only way I can confirm this is by asking her, doesn't matter if it's me or someone else. The only person i know who can easily make her confess is Kikyo Kushida.

I made my way to Kushida.

"Ahh, Chiba-kun. Do you need something?"
She turned around and asked. The way she asked me would easily fool people who haven't put up a fake face or personality before, but I have, many times even, so i can tell it's fake. She's not that good at it.

"Kushida-san, can i ask of you a small favor?"

"Sure! I'll be glad to help you!", she chirped. "So what is this favor?"

"It's related to Sudou's case. I think Sakura Airi-san is a possible witness of the incident. She's shy, so it wouldn't be good for me to ask her about it directly. Could you ask her to confirm if she was present at the incident or not? It would greatly help us."

"I see! I can help you with that!" Kushida replied. Though I knew she was gonna say yes, I still had this feeling that she wouldn't agree. "Should i ask her about it now?"

"No, not really. Just ask her before school ends. Don't rush it, just take it slowly."

"I'm glad to help!" Right after she finished what she was saying, she went towards the back if the classroom, towards Sakura Airi's desk. She was willing to ask her now, which didn't really matter much to me.

"Umm, Sakura-san? Do you have a moment?"

Sakura immediately jerked her head upwards towards Kushida. The reaction she gave reeked of someone coming up to her and starting a conversation. She looked like she didn't know what to do.

"Sorry to bother you, but Chiba-kun wants to talk to you. It's related to Sudou's case. It's very important. You'll help him out, won't you?"

She was scared of the thought about talking to me. It was evident as she hurriedly slung her bag over her head and proceeded to head out of the classroom.

"Am I that scary?"

"Sakura-san, please wait! It's only for a moment! I promise!"

She grabbed Sakura's hand to stop her from leaving after saying that. Sakura turned around and tried to shake her grip off, and she did, but her bag fell to the floor in the process.

She immediately bent over to pick up her fallen bag, but instead took out a digital camera. "Does she like to take pictures of nature? If not that, then what else?"

She tried to turn it on, to no avail. Looks like it got damaged on impact.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry Sakura-san! I didn't mean to do that! Don't worry, I'll get it fixed at the repair store for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Kushida said while looking down at the camera.

"It-it's ok, I'll get it fi-fixed." She blurted out before running out of the class, clutching the camera close to her heart. "She really loves that camera, huh?"