Vol 2 Ch 3- The hearing: Part 1

{Shopping district, Chiba Asuka POV }

The at the department was being pushy, and Sakura was a bit uncomfortable talking to him. The clerk was ... enthusiastic, to say the least. Kushida probably didn't notice this, considering that she gets this kind of attention all the freaking time. But for Sakura, this was overwhelming.

Sakura picked up the pen to write her contact info and room number on the bill, but her hands stopped moving. She seemed to be frozen in fear. She didn't write for nearly 20 seconds. Kushida noticed this, and asked Sakura what was wrong. But Sakura stood there motionless, not saying or moving, staring at the paper infront of her with bulging eyes.

I walked over to counter and lightly grasped the pen which was in the hands of Sakura. She looked nervous, but still gave me the pen. I wrote down my Contact info and room number.

But the clerk got pissed at this.

"Hey, you're not the owner of the camera, are you? She is!" He complained.

I sighed and then replied.

"Is it necessary for only the owner to write the details on the bill? If so, where is it written? I don't see it anywhere. If an acquaintance writes their own details, there is no problem. I don't see why you're getting worked over this."

"When the camera has been repaired, I want you to contact me. I'll give her camera back to her." I continued.

The clerk was taken back by what I said, but reluctantly agreed to contacting me when the camera gets fixed, and we left the store.

Kushida excused herself to the bathroom, leaving me and Sakura alone. Sakura was being fidgety, and intertwined her fingers together.

I got to know several things about Sakura with our short trip to the shop. First was that she wore fake glasses. In normal spectacle glasses there is a slight curvature of the lens for adjusting focal length which depends upon the eyesight of the wearer. However, her's were straight and without any curvature. It makes sense for me to know this, I wear glasses myself, and read a little about how they work.

The second was the fact that Kushida was staring hard at Sakura while we were walking to the store. I attributed it to two options: 1) That she was just looking out for, and 2) that she seemed to recognize her from somewhere. Option 2 seems more plausible considering that the store clerk also seemed to recognize Sakura.

This leads me to the conclusion that Sakura was trying to hide from someone, the fake glasses and Kushida and the clerk recognizing her boosts it's credibility. But, one the question arrises. WHO is she hiding from? And I don't have the answer for that.

While I was in my thoughts, I saw Kushida arriving back. I stood up and left after that.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The day of the hearing was here, and Horikita, Ayanokoji, Sudou and I were getting ready to head over to the meeting room.

Chabashira-sensei was leading us to the meeting room. We were at the third floor of the main building, and I hadn't been here before. I mean, what would I even do here? Get acquainted with the 3rd years? That really didn't interest me, I was more interested and focused on quickly knowing most students in the 1st year and becoming class leader.