The Joke In Him

(Arkhamverse)

Selina: "Have you completely lost your mind?"

Joker: "Kitty, ya don't know the half of it."

Bruce: "I'm sorry, Selina. I realize it was abrupt. I promise I won't ask again."

Selina: "That's not...Bruce..we're still getting to know each other. I'll admit..there have been..times in the past when I've imagined...Batman being a..more permanent part of my life but...things are different now. Not to mention when would we have time to plan a wedding? In between goon beatdowns, Riddler trophy collecting and supervillain missions?"

Joker: "This one's a keeper, Batsy. Just try not to hang on too tightly. That's my job."

Bruce: "Selina...there's something wrong. I can't keep putting you in harm's way."

Selina: "Seriously? A little late isn't it? Besides we live in Gotham. If I wanted to avoid harm entirely I'd move to...well anywhere else."

Bruce: "No it's..being near me right now it's...it's not going to end well."

Selina: "Look handsome...I have wanted this..wanted you...for as long as I can remember. You're not getting rid of me that easily."

(She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him)

Joker: "Eh..I prefer Harley myself. By the way whatever happened to that little minx?"

Bruce: "I want..to be with you too, Selina....but The Joker is taking over my mind...and it's not safe for you until he's gone."

(Selina was puzzled at first then saw no sign of amusement on Bruce's face)

Selina: "..you're serious? He's..he's talking to you? Right now?"

(Bruce nodded slowly as Joker shook his head in disappointment)

Joker: "I warned you, Bats."

(Bruce felt a sharp pain enter his skull...then began chuckling...then he laughed...louder and louder...)

Selina: "Bruce...what's happening?"

Joker Bruce: "Brucie can no longer hear you, Cat Lady. Say hello to the new improved model."

(He grinned widely)