Chapter 18- Unseen Improvements

Callies POV
(I told you that there will be a lot of her lol, I promise it will go back to switching soon enough lol)

We had gotten to the OB normally, and Arizona was almost done. The doctor just wanted to look at everything from one more angle. After a moment she said,"Alright, everything looks good here, you can put your pants on."

Arizona's face remained expressionless until it wasn't, it was weird. "Wait" she paused, "I- I'm a fetal surgeon" she paused and looked a little shocked that she said that for a brief moment, and then said "I want to see."

Fetal. She was doing just fine as chief of pediatrics. Although I should've been supportive of it, I still think that her doing that is the move that killed us when we lived in Seattle.

She saw the screen and a little smile appeared on her face. It was a sad smile, but at least it was sincere. She began to look nervous, and then she quietly asked "can we hear the heartbeat again?"

She has turned away when the OB puts on the heartbeat at every appointment in the past. But this time, when we heard the rhythm, her smile stayed the same but her eyes sparkled. About a minute later, she slightly nodded her head signaling that that was enough.

Moments later, after the OB turned off the machine, I turned away while she put on her pants and we got up and held hands while walking to the car. We got in, and she was back to the depression, silence, and pain that she won't share. Her tone changes so quickly, from kind of happy back to the same. It breaks my heart seeing her like that, and I still feel so bad that I pushed her to tell me about Lauren otherwise none of this would have ever happened.

I looked over at her and sighed, she's so beautiful and perfect. I wish she would put some of her hurt into me and let me feel it so that she'll feel it a little less. She would never do that though, she's too nice. While looking over at her, I noticed that she wouldn't let anything touch her leg. She was literally holding it off of the seat with the little muscle she had in it.

Shit.

Ive basically forgotten about it with everything that's been going on. She probably can't even do her leg anymore. She's pretty big for 7 months pregnant, which I love. The whole 'expecting mother' look is pretty amazing on her, I just wish she could enjoy it too.