Chapter 22- A Shoulder to Lean on

A month and a half later....

Callies POV

Today was my last day at work before maternity leave. Although Arizona has improved, she's gotten even bigger over the past month and a half, and she's very insecure of herself. She only wears baggy clothing, and she leaves the house as little as possible. Little does she know that she's the prettiest woman in the world; pregnant or not. Her pregnancy symptoms are horrible too. I had just finished my drive and was walking into the house. "Arizona, I'm home honey" I yelled upstairs. No response, weird. Maybe she's sleeping.

Arizona POV

"Arizona, honey, I'm home!" Callie yelled up to me. I didn't respond, I didn't want to worry her. I didn't want her to feel like she had to come running to my side once again. She would be worried to see me hunched over the toilet vomiting. It didn't help that I had to kneel in a weird way to keep my huge belly out of the way. Minutes after I didn't respond, Callie found me.

"Oh, Arizona." She whispered while engulfing me into a hug from my back. Moments later, I began to cough again and she sat beside me to rub my back. I puked again, and again, and again. Finally, I knew I was done. I laid back on Callie in exhaustion and almost fell asleep in that moment. She carried me to our bed and held me in her arm under the covers for a nap. It was only 3:30PM.