Chapter 29- The Best Comes From the Worst

Later that day.....

Callies POV continued.....

About 10 minutes after Arizona gave birth, I got out of the tub to find scissors, and I cut her umbilical cord. We both did it together, which was special, and then I got the bed set up for my beautiful and fierce lover before I put some food in the microwave. Within 30 minutes of Arizona giving birth I held my baby for the first time. It was the most fresh, amazing, and special feeling ever. I wish I got to have it with Sofia like that. Arizona smiled sadly but also admiringly at us the entire time.

I took Thea and walked her to the bed, and settled her down. Then I helped Arizona get to the bed. She was eager to hold her baby again as soon as she was dressed and under the blankets. She quickly ate the chicken nuggets from the microwave, but had no actual internet in eating, only her family. I had to remind her that she had just birthed Thea and she needed to rest. She was reluctant but agreed that she would try to sleep tonight at some point. I held Arizona while she held Thea, and all I could think was how lucky I was with two of my girls in my arms.

A couple of minutes later.....

It was about 7pm , time really does fly, but Arizona was completely exhausted from such a stressful labor and delivery. She didn't want to give up holding Thea, but I promised her that I would hold her until I couldn't stay awake any longer, so she finally handed Thea to me. As she admired the sleeping newborn in my arms, I could tell her mind was starting to wonder somewhere else, and then she looked at me.

"Callie, what if he finds out about her, and comes for her?" She asked me sadly. I was a little bit taken back, and I wasn't sure what to say, but knew I had to come up with something.

"Arizona, we'd go to court, and we'd win. There's no way they'd let him lay a hand in her, you don't have to worry. Now please, get some sleep. You need it." She nodded sadly and nestled her face into my side while I hugged her and held Thea. Arizona fell asleep admiring her and playing with her feet. Hours later, around midnight, I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I went to find Theas baby carrier so she could stay in our room the night for us to easily monitor. When I got back to bed and got under the covers, I pulled Arizona closer to me. I was finally able to have her entire body right up next to me, and I took advantage of it. She woke up slightly and moaned in happiness before falling back to sleep.

Two hours later....
Arizona's POV

I heard crying, she's hungry. I got up and struggled over to her baby carrier and sat down on the ground. I picked her up and rocked her while whispering until she calmed down. Then, I lowered my shirt slightly and offered her milk. She quickly accepted the offer. Even though it wasn't comfortable for me, it was still a beautiful bonding experience. When she was finished I burped her and then rocked her back to sleep before kissing her on the head and then putting her in the baby carrier again. Before I could get up to go back to bed I noticed that Callie was awake and had been watching me.

"You're amazing" she said almost like she was admiring me. I smiled at her and then kissed Thea's head one more time before making my way back to bed and snuggling back into Callies side.