Chapter 30- When the Storm Ends

The next morning....

Arizona's POV

I have everything I could want in life, and it's the best feeling in the world. I woke up to Callie pulling me closer to her and a smell of waffles in the air.

"You made our favorite" I mumbled happily with a smile on my face but my eyes barely opened. Waffles were Sofia's favorite too, I remember the first time she tried one when she was two. When she finished her first bite she yelled "good!" And the got out of her chair to jump up and down while excitedly yelling for more. It was pretty funny to watch, and definitely a core memory.

"I did" she said with a little smile before pausing to kiss my cheek. She continued "let's go downstairs and see our little one, Sofia will be here soon."

I sat up and started to reach for my leg when she pulled me to her quickly which made me gasp in shock. "You shouldn't be walking around like that Arizona, you just had a baby." She said. I was a little confused.

"What else am I supposed to do?" I asked confused. She smiled and walked to my side of the bed.

She picked me up bridal style and said "like this" with a giggle and smile.

I laughed and smiled "oohhh I like this" I said happily. We laughed down the stairs and then I saw Thea. My thoughts switched from Callie to my baby the second that I saw her face, and her beautiful blue eyes. All I wanted to do was hold her in my arms.

Callie placed me on a chair at the kitchen table and went to pick up Thea.

"Oh gimme gimme gimme" I said smiling with open arms. She placed her in my arms and said "I know she's addictive but you have to share, especially because Sofia will be here soon and because you need to eat your breakfast."

I tickled her tummy and kissed her forehead before handing her back to Callie and beginning to eat my breakfast while I stared at her in her carrier on the counter.

Minutes later, I had finished my breakfast and looked at Callie who was still finishing hers. "Does Sofia know she's here?" I asked.

She looked up with a smiled and said "no, she'll be in for a big surprise in..." she paused, and looked at her clock on her phone "about 16 minutes if she is exactly on time." I nodded as she finished and then walked over to me and picked me up, bringing me to our couch. Afterwards she got Thea and put her in between us so we could both hold her at once while we waited for Sofia.