Chapter 1:Retrieval

A/N: I hope you all will enjoy this. New adventure! 

Nadia's Pov:

"Daddy, my feet hurt, my back hurt. I'm sweaty and tired", I whined as I rinsed the soap off of the dishes before putting them on the rack.

"I know, little one", He whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me, "remember that I am so proud of you. You took care of a lot of things today. You're working hard even on your last day of work. Jaden will be so happy and surprised because of you!"

I dried one hand enough to check the time on my phone, half an hour more of this work. With a sigh, I shoved my phone back into my pocket and went back to cleaning the dishes.

As I slipped back into my daydream that was helping me through my shift. I tried to replace the made-up deep gravelly male voice from before and turn it into Jaden's voice.

"When you're all done, you'll come home and have a bubble bath. Daddy will get you nice and clean, rub your body down. We'll watch cartoons and get take out for dinner.", Between each sentence, he planted kisses on my neck.

Another sigh left my lips as I pushed the now full rack into the rinser and dryer. I aligned it on the track and pushed down the handle, to let the machine do its work.

Once it was done, I went about putting away the dishes while trying not to disturb the other cooks in the Asian restaurant I'm working in. By the time I got back to my station, there were more dirty dishes waiting for me to clean.

I slipped back into my daydream as I worked with each passing minute my body felt more tired. Eventually, my shift ended and my generous boss treated the staff to lunch, a notable plus at the end of every shift.

After thanking them for the food, I went to the front of the now-empty restaurant to wait for Jaden to pick me up. Pulling out my phone, I watched a youtube video as I sat in one of the chairs to rest my sore feet.

Five minutes into the fifteen-minute video ended and still no show from Jaden. I paused the video and called his phone only to get no answer.

Calling three more times I got the same result and called Daisy instead. If my memory serves me right, Daisy didn't have to work today, but my calls went unanswered.

Daisy could be sleeping. Jaden could have taken a double shift again, completely forgetting he promised to pick me up from work for the third time.

With a sigh, I stood up and said goodbye to my boss and the coworkers who were left, for the last time. I was too tired and stressed, and decided to walk home.

With music playing in one ear the twenty-minute walk should just fly by.

I weaved between the crowd of people, careful not to actually touch anyone. Thanks to my years of weaving crowds back in high school, I was basically a pro at it.

Slowly the crowd started to thin out a little and I felt comfortable enough to mouth the words to my song without fear of anyone noticing. Two minutes away from the apartment I shared with Jaden, things got weird.

The clouds covered the afternoon sun and the sound of the other people going about their day disappeared. It took me seconds to notice and I looked around me to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me.

No one in front of me or behind me. The silence was broken by the sound of loud heavy footsteps and I started to run.

My heartbeat picked up, the hairs on my neck stood on end, and the familiar feeling of me being in danger encapsulated me. I kept my eyes forward, pushing my legs harder as I ran.