I - Graduating is fun!

Sienna POV

"Coming up next, is Sienna Wood!" It was finally the time. I was finally graduating from ESCP Business School. I walked up to the stage with a bright smile, hearing claps and cheers around me.

"Ms. Sienna Wood is one kind and cheerful soul, truly the heart of the class. We will surely miss you." The announcer announced as I walked towards the principal of the college. He handed me the Diploma, posing and smiling slightly towards the camera. 

I took the Diploma and walked off from the stage, occasionally looking around for my mom and dad. I quietly took a seat at the back, with my best friend, Adeline. 

"Oh my god! Sie! You did it!" She exclaimed. Adeline was a very energetic person, almost nothing can stop her from being happy, which honestly, was a good thing as I am very emotional and tend to break down quite a lot. I always rely on her, well, she isn't my friend for nothing. 

"Yeah, but I can't find mom or dad, did you see them? They said they would be there." I asked, my hope starting to lower thinking they weren't here.

"Oh yes, they were near the right side, towards the back, you didnt pack one of your suitcase, so they did that and thus were late." She shook her head and rolled her eyes, smiling lightly.

Okay, so they were there, thank god. My mom, Scarlett Wood, was a very introverted person. She almost never talked to anyone, but when it came to her very old friends, she would look like the most extroverted person you might have seen. She did not rely on her emotions a lot, contrary to me, so she very rarely shed a tear.

My dad, Xavier Wood on the other hand, was the type of person you would see on a comedy show. He was all jokes and fun, very extroverted in almost all aspects. Keyword 'almost'. When it came to my studies though, he was very serious, but never actually scolded me, he would rather explain the same thing a hundred times rather than hire a tutor to explain it to me. He could be much at times.

My thoughts were interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. "Alright, the principal is going to give a speech, we have heard the same speech so many times while they were rehearsing, can we just leave?" Adeline pouted and tilted her head. Honestly, why isn't she a puppy?

"Why do you always want to leave? What if some teacher catches us? Oh my god, if Ms. Lauren catches us we will be dead meat, no no nope, I am not going." I said and looked forward, ignoring her. 

"Alright then.. I dont think Mrs. Wood would want to see her daughter dancing with a guy, considering how overprotective she is, I'll just sen-" She was cut off by me slapping my hand on her mouth and dragging her to the nearest washroom quietly.

"Okay okay! Geez, fine. But you will have to make sure we are back soon." I said, sighing in defeat. She was really good at blackmailing people, that is why I usually let her do things. She knows everyone's secrets, without them telling. Like how?

"Great! now get out of this robe and use the back exit, no one would be there. Before you ask me, yes I did plan this because we are graduating and this is the last time we will be able to do this sneaking out thing, because then we will be old with kids and a business, ew no I am not having kids. Nope, they are really weird-" 

"Okay STOP! We know you are god, just- lets go." I sighed for the second time, I might have a headache now. This was her daily thing and I didnt mind but too many people talking is annoying and on top o f that, dealing with her is a pain.

We snuck out through the back, almost bumping into one of our teachers, but we did it successfully.

"Alright, where to?" I asked, still huffing from running almost half-way through the university.

"Let's go get some waffles and sit at out usual. Might be our last time." She looked at me and smiled brightly, though her eyes said the opposite. I had a flight at midnight to Australia, where I was moving to start my business. When I first told her, I saw her cry for the first time, though she told it off saying 'it was dust', like no one believes that anymore?

"Very well then, you go, I'll get us a seat, dont forget my extra maple syrup and berries!" I shouted as she started leaving. I smiled and shook my head and I started walking towards the riverside, which was not very far from the university. It was the prettiest place in London if you ask me.

God, time flies by fast, doesn't it? It was only 4 years ago that I started college, with just an ambition. Now I had almost everything I needed, some experience, loads of memories and I was ready to go. I looked at my watch, 11:06 am. There is still time for the Tassel switching ceremony, half an hour. 

I took a seat at an empty spot, and opened my phone to check any messages. There were many congratulations messages, and of course one from my mom. It read - 'OMG! Congrats hun!' and another, 5 minutes ago read - 'Dont tell me you sneaked out on again! If it wasn't for your graduation, I would have gotten my slipper on your face!'

I groaned, why is she always looking at me? It's not true. she wont actually hit me, but she will give me good scolding, and you dont wanna go through it. I answered some other messages when Adeline came back and handed me my waffle. 

"Ugh, the vendor knows I am a frequent, still does not give me a discount. I hd to call in the manager and guess what?" She smile with a twinkle in her eye.

"You got it for free?" I expect tht, she usually goes straight for the manager if she does not get what she wants.

"BINGO! How do you even- whatever. When is your flight?" She asked.

"It;s at 12:30, and I still need to keep my essentials." I pursed my lips, slightly annoyed on why I did not do that before. "Chill, its just your charger and stuff.." She rolled her eyes."

"Whateve- hold up.. mom is calling." I groaned, she will scold me again. I picked up the call.

"SIENNA WOOD AND ADELINE CLARKE YOU BETTER COME BACK TO YOUR GRADUATION CEREMONY THIS INSTANT OR I WILL MAKE SURE YOU BOTH DONT HAVE A GOOD DAY!" She screamed on the phone. Oh well, we are in danger. 

I looked at Adeline and she had the same look. We instantly hung up and took the waffles we didnt finish and ran back to the university. We also gave our leftover waffles to some beggar and changed into our robes. No one had said a word since we both knew that anyone who came in the way of my mom when she was angry just chose death.

We quietly slipped back in the hall and took  out seats, thankfully no one noticed. Well, my mom was glaring daggers in my head. So after waiting another 15 minutes, we were all called together.  We all were lined up, the announcer gave some instructions, and we did it. We switched our tassel side, and all I remember was all hell breaking loose.

People were hugging others, some where screaming. I got crushed into hugs from my classmates, and I congratulated them too. I straight ran to my Dad and crushed into a hug, now sobbing. "I did it." 

"You did it, baby, you did." He was crying at this point. I looked at my mom and my eyes widened. I stopped hugging my dad and hugged my mom. "No mom, dont cry, I'm not dying alright, I dont have high cholesterol as well." I laughed and so did she.

"Alright, I need a celebration! My daughter and her bestie passed university!" My dad laughed. My dad also hugged Adeline. They have known each other for 5 years, they treat her like her own daughter, even their moms are best friends.

"Sorry uncle, But I need to go, my mom is waiting outside, plus I will be there when she goes to a whole new world." She laughed as she said. I rolled my eyes. "Sure sis, congrats."
We bid our goodbyes and headed straight to the restaurant, had some great food, and headed home, anticipating, what would come next.