II - New Roommates

Sienna POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you." I woke up with a jolt, getting looks from the passengers beside me. 

"Oh god." I whispered. I had initially planned to look for some part-time jobs as the plane had WiFi, But looks like life had other plans. I buckled my seatbelt and straightened my seat, getting ready to land.

Around 15 minutes later, I had finally landed in Sydney. Damn, that was fast. I mentally took a note that I needed to recharge my data. I already had an account open in one of the local banks here, and had a hostel booked in, but sadly, I couldn't get one for myself completely, so I was sharing. It couldn't be that bad, right?

I deboarded from the plane, and finished customs and headed towards belt 4, where my bags would arrive. While I was waiting, I got a message.

Addy (Adeline) <3

Yoooo! I am in the plane! Coming soon in around 4hrs! Wait for me, or else.

*see full attachment*

Sure, landed already, meet me at the Hostel.

I put my phone back in my bag. Adeline would be here for one night, as she had a transit flight in the morning to Perth. I put my attention to my surroundings and realized that a lot of people had come in, and were looking for their bags. In the midst or the crowd, I saw a black bag with blue cover, and took it out and took another black and pink bag out from the belt. I put them in the trolley and headed outside. 

I came out of the airport to the direct light of the Sun. Ugh, I hate the sun. I looked around for a taxi, and sat in one after finding one. I told him the address and we started going to the hostel.

"Are you an Indian? You look like one." The driver asked, looking through the rear view mirror occasionally. 

"Ah, no sir. I am not, but my mom was Indian ,I get my features from her." I told him. It was true, my mom was Indian, but she changed her name and shifted to London. I still dont know why, but I never asked her.

The awkward silence was broken by a sudden brake that almost threw me off my seat. 

"What happened?!" I exclaimed, still scared from the sudden movement.

"Ah, there is some famous celebrity nearby, it happens often, sorry for the disturbances." The driver apologized, still annoyed for some reason.

After a long drive to the hostel (mainly due to the sudden traffic) I reached there, safe and sound. I paid the driver, took my luggage and entered the building. 

I had given the responsibility of my accommodations to my mom, who had taken it as a mission to keep me away from any 'bad guys' and keep me safe, but after arguing with my dad on how 'I need to be more social' , she decided on getting me a house with a roommate, and oh well I was liking it.

I entered the building, which seemed to be around 20 floors tall. It had a modern taste with a reception on the right, a life window with a huge door that led to a garden, and many seating areas in the middle.

What in the world? Is the correct place?

Nonetheless, I went up to the reception, only to meet an old lady, probably in her 60's. She looked at me with judging eyes and then she gave a wrinkly smile.

"Hello deary! You seem new! How can I help?" She scrunched her nose.

"Uhm- Hi, I have a room booked in the name of Sienna Wood. I'd like to check-in." I said, still amazed by what Australians call 'a hostel'.

"Oh alright! Here are your keys, follow me, I'll tell you some rules of this hostel." She said, still typing on the computer and handing my keys.

After she was done asking me 20 questions on my personal life and where I was from, she finally led me through a door with 3 elevators and one service elevator. 

Wait- What is service elevator?

I shrugged any weird question and followed the king old woman to the lift. 

"Alright Deary, You room is at the 9th floor, you will be rooming with a guy named Kyle Rodriguez. The cafeteria is on the first floor, there is a gym and a working space with extra WiFi on the second floor. Breakfast is served between 6 - 9:30, Lunch is not served but Dinner is from 7:30 to 10:00. If you are late to the premises, you will have to pay a fine, depending on how late you are. If you are telling us early, then you dont need to pay a fine." She finished with a exhale.

Why are people so talkative? While she told you the instructions, you noticed a very slight scowl on her face as she spoke about your roommate. Was he really bad? You shook your head of any presumptions as you waited in this extremely slow elevator.

After the longest ride, we reached the ninth floor. The smell of lavender invaded my senses.

You expect me to be happy. No.

I sneezed, hard. Shoot, I'm allergic to Lavender.

"Uhm- miss? Could you remove the lavender? I'm allergic to lavender.." I sighed nervously.

"Sure deary! Also, here is your room. Here are your keys, call me on the number near the telephone if you need anything. See ya." Oh well, here goes nothing.

I opened the door, slowly entering and closing it. I took off my shoes and went ahead, taking in the look of the house. It was a loft house, not too big, not too small. It had an open kitchen on the left, with the dining ahead of it. The living area was to the right of the dining, with neatly placed cushions and a fireplace with a wall-mounted TV above it.

Damn, this is good, I could get used to it. 

I took my luggage, heading towards a staircase, which was behind the living area. 

As soon as I turned towards the staircase with my suitcase. I heard a feminine voice.
"Goodness, go faster!"
My eyes widened. Wasn't my roommate a guy?

Oh my god. I can't deal with guys like that. Is he doing the- EW!

I took my purse and bag, and headed upstairs, looking up for anybody.
What I hadn't realized was that I had tripped on the third step. I fell backwards, my head hitting my suitcase and my back hitting the floor, landing with a loud thud.

"AAAAAH THERE IS A ROBBER IN THIS HOUSE!" the girly voice screamed and a couple seconds later I was on the floor, with 2 people, one of which was pointing a remote at me.

"Hear me out I swear I'm not a robb-"

"Who sent you here?!" The boy screamed.

I sighed. This guy, my roommate, was a complete crackhead, or atleast he looked like one and I had to deal with him.
Every.
Day.

Get a life, they said.

I sat up, dusting my clothes and picked up my purse. The roommate- Kyle, was it? Was still holding a remote, but I was too done to deal with that.

"What a welcome, a pleasure to meet you, I'm your new roommate, Sienna Wood." I said, emphasizing on 'pleasure'.

The said guy visibly relaxed, the slightest hint of smile on his face, he rubbed his ear and said, "Ah- I'm so sorry for uh- whatever I just did, anyhow, I'm Kyle Rodriguez". He held his hand out for a handshake. 

Smiling slightly, I took his hand shaking it with a smile.

Maybe this guy might not be the worst after all, huh?