On our way to the deep

They climbed down the ladder back into the forest and continued to explore. They found another shady area covered by trees that had an empty dog house and bones laying around but nothing too strange out of the ordinary. Well, as ordinary as this place gets.

They managed to find a dock area covered in fog. A little bit forward was another black fuzz. Omori walked forward with the rest following behind. He grabbed the fuzz and nodded.

Two good ones in a row? That’s rare…

A tiny hole laid in the ground, not big enough to jump in but still quite noticeable. She and the others bent down to peek in the hole. A million other eyes stared back and Aubrey felt a chill consume her body as she felt like they were judging her and weighing her sins.

“W̶̩̿e̶̙͋ ̸͚̈k̴̘͐ṇ̷̐o̷̳͂ẘ̶̜ ̵̙̾w̵̪͝h̵̤̿a̸͉͌t̸̘́ ̵̯̌y̴͎͝ó̴̲ṳ̸͠ ̷̹̋d̷͍̕i̷̩̍ḏ̷͝.” It spoke to her before the hole closed in, covering the eyes and their glare.

Aubrey took more breaths to calm herself from screaming.

“Ugh, Omori...are you sure you need the black fuzz? It keeps doing creepy stuff…” Kel complained.

Omori nodded to confirm that yes, he did need the fuzz.

“Kel, we don’t even know what they are. They could be important to him.” Hero stated.

Aubrey sighed, she should have asked about the fuzz instead of the violin. Just another thing for her to do tomorrow.

There was a split in the docks where they could go either straight or left. They decided to go left, which led them to a bunch of weirdly connecting docks that just make a square. What was even the point of this? What could-

A Shadow Basil stood on a wooden platform that was too far to jump. There was another fuzz over there as well. The shadow waved before disappearing in the air.

...Horrifying. Thanks!

They all quickly walked away from there with a quick pace as they went down the other path.

That just led them around the whole forest. The next thing they knew, they were back where they began. Still no sign of anyone.

“Maybe we should head up from the stump. We haven’t gone that way yet!” Kel pointed out.

“That is, actually a good idea Kel. Let’s go.” Hero nodded as they moved forward.

Pass the stump was a beach with a sea that seemed to stretch for miles. On a dock sat a silhouette of a girl they all could recognize.

“MARI!”

She turned around and faced the group with a bright smile, “Hello everyone, how are you today?”

“Hey, Mari!” Kel grinned at Mari but Aubrey felt like something was...off. Maybe it was the fact she wasn’t at a picnic like normal.

“Hello, Kel.” She gave him a smile before looking at Omori, “Hello Omori. A fog happens to be rolling in right now. I am glad you all are safe.”

“Hey Mari, do you know where everyone else in that park went or…?” Hero asked nervously.

“I think they might be over the water, we could go check and- oh wait, Omori doesn’t like water.” Mari took notice of Omori being hesitant, staring at the water nervously. She doesn’t blame Omori one bit. If he had the memories of Sunny (which she is 100% sure of) then he probably remembers what happened at the lake today.

Mari grabbed his hand and looked him in the eyes, “Steady your heartbeat, don’t be afraid. It’s not as scary as you think.” she reassured him.

Aubrey was pretty sure she heard those words before. She racked her brain before realizing-