Humphrey pt5

Using the teleporter brought the group into another room where they were greeted with the sight of machinery and the smell of metal in the air. Hero’s eyes landed on two people. One being who he assumes is Molly and the other person being Sweetheart.

“How long is this going to take? I don’t have all day!” Sweetheart complained, seeming to be waiting for something.

“My work takes patience. Stop talking, darling! I need to concentrate!” Molly rolled her eyes before she continued typing on her computer.

A few seconds went by before Sweetheart opened her mouth again, “How about now?”

“Almost done, darling.” Molly sighed with annoyance in her voice.

Typing could be heard again before Molly finally grinned, “And finished! At last…”

A container in the middle of the room began to rapidly shake before it opened and Molly laughed, “My greatest invention is finally complete!”

A robotic version of Sweetheart walked out and Molly continued to grin, “Now speak! Speak, my beautiful robot!"

“V2hhdCBpcyB0aGlzIGZlZWxpbmcgSSBoYXZlIG5ldmVyIGZlbHQgYmVmb3JlPyBJIGZlZWwgYWxsIHdhcm0gYW5kIGZ1enp5IGluc2lkZSEgSSB3YW50IGEgaHVnISBQbGVhc2UgaHVnIG1lISBJIGFtIGluIG5lZWQgb2YgYWZmZWN0aW9uIGFuZCBsb3ZlIQ=” The robot spoke gibberish. It seemed like it was looking for attention though, making grabbing motions with their arms.

“Oh, that doesn’t sound right. Something must be off with the code…” Molly turned to Sweetheart, anger in her eyes, “It’s because you rushed my work! Instead of to love, it must be programmed to kill!” she gasped.

“Tm8sIHBsZWFzZSEgVGhpcyBpcyBhIG1pc3VuZGVyc3RhbmRpbmchIEkganVzdCB3YW50IHRvIGJlIHlvdXIgZnJpZW5kISBPciBtYXliZSBtb3JlIQ==” The robot nervously waved its hand, trying to show that it wasn’t planning that at all.

“Hey! Don’t blame this on me! She’s your robot! Thanks to you my chances of finding true love have been shattered!” Sweetheart pouted, “You have disappointed me greatly! I'M STORMING OFF!” Sweetheart did exactly that, her heels tapping against the ground loudly as she left.

“My, what a handful. Well, she’s not my problem now.” Molly shrugged, turning back to her computer.

“SSBhbSBzbyBsb25lbHkgaGVyZS4uLiBJIG11c3QgdmVudHVyZSBzb21ld2hlcmUgZWxzZSB0byBmaW5kIG15IHNvdWxtYXRlIGFuZCBsaXZlIGhhcHBpbHkgZXZlciBhZnRlciEgV29vc2gh” Robotheart jumped and blasted off, leaving to who knows where.

...Well, that was something.

“Ah! I almost forgot! That girl owes me payment! I must catch her again before she leaves!” Molly grumbled under her breath.

Omori took this chance to open a trapdoor in the wall with Humphrey’s face on it and went through. The others hesitated before following right behind him. This led them to an island near where the group began.

Omori walked over to the giant Humphrey in the center of the island and waved to him.

“Hi, I’m Humphrey! Your all-access pass to Humphrey A.K.A Slime Girl’s Lair! Strictly speaking, I guess I’m what you humans call an elevator! Unfortunately, we only take one appointment at a time so you’ll have to wait your turn.” The Humphrey explained to the group.

“Oh, when will the appointment be over?” Kel asked curiously.

“...Don’t know. Though, if you find me a slimy keycard I might be able to pull some strings for you! Nyak, Nyak!” Humphrey laughed causing Kel, Aubrey, and Hero to cringe.

Omori just nodded in response and hopped back on the boat they took to the first puzzle.

“Where to next?” Kel asked, hopping onto the boat as well.