Vs Masked Aubrey and Kel featuring Memory Lane

It was four versus four. They were all simultaneously fighting their masked selves yet it was clear Hero and Basil was doing better than their masked selves. Kel and Aubrey on the other hand were struggling and trying to cover each other.

“Aren’t you tired? Tired of this facade you put up every second of the day? It is tiring to always be happy.” The masked Kel whispered into Kel’s ear.

“Huh? Wait, how-” “I know a lot of things. I am quite literally you.” Masked Kel rolled his eyes.

“...If you kill me, won’t you kill yourself?” Kel asked, confused on why they were fighting then.

“Yes. That is the point. Dumbass….” Masked Kel groaned.

“Oh...rude.” Kel scoffed.

“WH-! DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!?”

Masked Kel seemed to be getting pissed off at Kel, who was holding back laughter.

“Yeah,” Kel stated, his voice somehow remaining serious.

Silence.

“...Fuck you.” Masked Kel threw a basketball directly at Kel’s face, knocking him right in the nose.

“Ow! Shit….” Kel muttered as he held his now bleeding nose.

“TAKE THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY! ACTUALLY, WAIT, YOU CAN’T TAKE SHIT SERIOUSLY. YOU THINK AS LONG AS YOU BRING OUT A JOKE EVERYTHING WOULD BE OKAY BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? THE WORLD DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT DUMBASS.”

Kel was silenced immediately, his brain processing what his masked self said.

...They were right. When was the last time he took something seriously before this? It had to be Mari’s death. He thought if he kept his positive attitude people would appreciate it.

He thought his happiness would bring everyone a sense of normality but instead it just made it seem like he was stuck in the past. That’s why Aubrey felt abandoned, that’s why Basil rarely looked at him, that’s why Hero snapped that night.

Even then he was still grieving. The moment no one has eyes on him he lets down that fake mask in hopes to let himself mourn. When did he get the chance to mourn? One of the first things that happened after the funeral was Hero shutting down. Then Aubrey and his fights got worse so he tried to give her space. Then Basil simply stopped talking to him.

He was alone yet used others to hide it.

He tries to joke to lighten the mood but it only makes things worse. He failed a lot of people in the past thanks to trying to act like nothing was wrong. What a fool he was.

His stomach twisted as Masked Kel grinned, happy with the reaction he got out of Kel.

“You know, you could give me control. I’ll make sure that mask doesn’t come on again and everyone knows how you really feel.” He offered.

“Fuck off.” Aubrey hissed out from behind Kel.

Masked Kel looked at her in shock, “What?”

“I said, FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!” Aubrey ran forward and hit him head-on with her bat.

He stumbled backward and fell onto his back, clearly in a daze.

“Hey, Kel. Get up.” Aubrey offered her hand to him.

He took it, pulling himself up and dusting himself off even though there was nothing there.

“I-” “Shut it. Kel, we need to talk.” She looked him in the eye.

“Huh?” Kel gave her a confused look.