Stray Cat Pt. II

With the rainstorm calming down into a small drizzle, Jisoo decided to call it a night. She and Jennie had spent an hour or two simply watching movies and shows that the raven liked, and the brunette didn't seem to mind. In fact, she watched in awe, since it was probably her first time ever seeing a movie.

While Jisoo was busy cleaning up and closing those goddamn windows, Jennie studied her. Jisoo seemed like she was living a simple life in contrast to Jennie. She also seemed pretty lazy (if the groaning and sighing as she washes cups wasn't already a big clue) but was affectionate.

"So, Jennie? Do you want to sleep on my bed? I can even take the couch if you feel uncomfortable sleeping next to me." The raven said as she walked back towards Jennie, all the chores having been completed.

"No, it's fine... I can take the couch." The brunette replied.

"You sure? Your neck might ache in the morning if you sleep there, it's not very comfy, I've been there before."

"I'm a big girl, I can sleep on this couch if I wanted to!" Jennie frowned. She was brave! She can definitely sleep on the couch. Alone. In the dark. At a stranger's house.

Jisoo cocked an eyebrow, amused at her antics. She simply shrugged and went upstairs, "Wait here." She quickly brought back a pillow, a blanket, and a pink rabbit plush. 

"Here's Gaji. It will help you sleep at night." The raven handed over all of it.

"Gaji?" Jennie looked at the stuffed toy.

Jisoo nodded, "Yup. Now since you want to sleep here so bad, don't come running to my bed if you get scared!" She chuckled, seeing the brunette roll her eyes.

"Whatever." She grumpily laid down on the definitely uncomfortable couch, no wonder Jisoo tried to persuade her to sleep on a proper bed.

"Goodnight, Jennie."

"Hm, goodnight." The raven switched the lights off before walking upstairs, leaving Jennie all to herself.

It's fine, I have Gaji anyway. She thought as she slowly began to fall asleep. Her eyelids felt like it was getting heavier and heavier until eventually there was only darkness.

---

Jennie's ear twitched.

Something doesn't feel right.

She tries to shrug it off, but the instincts in her are telling her she might not be safe. Hugging Gaji tighter, she forces her eyelids to open as she scans her surroundings. She sits up, her neck stiff and ears upright.

There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Jennie lies down again, staring at the ceiling. The brunette tries to close her eyes, but she couldn't. She was alert, afraid, and anxious.

She has tried counting sheep to fall asleep but to no avail. Jennie yelped when she heard something banging on the window, but sighed when she realized it was just a branch. The brunette glanced at the stairs. Should I..? She asked herself but immediately shook her head. Nope, I'm a big girl! I can do this.

Jennie forcefully closed her eyes and tried to think about something else.

I can't do this.

She didn't want to admit it, but she didn't feel comfortable sleeping alone. With furrowed eyebrows, Jennie sneaks upstairs with everything in hand. Remembering where Jisoo's bedroom was, she gently opened the door.

Jisoo was sleeping soundly with Dalgom on top of her, his tail wagging slowly. Jennie closed the door carefully and tiptoed over to the raven's bed. The cute Maltese dog must've sensed her because he opened his eyes and sat up.