just friends

idk if i'm back to writing but this has been in my drafts and i just finished it lol

868 words

*・゚:*・゚:  *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

you and spencer had been best friends since you could remember. the two of you practically grew up together. you were there to beat up the assholes who tormented him, and he was there to comfort you through all your shitty boyfriends.

but there was always a part of you that wished after a breakup he would sit a little too close. he would place his hand gently on your cheek, and pull you in to kiss you. you wished he'd tell you to stop wasting your time on all these jerks you'd been dating and see the two of you were made for each other.

but you'd come to terms with the fact that was never going to happen. so you tried your best to push the thought out of your head and cherish the time you got to spend with him, even if it was just as friends.

the two of you spent pretty much every waking moment of free time together. you watched movies, went out to eat, read together. you practically lived in each other's apartments half the time.

but you noticed spencer was starting to pull away. it was subtle at first. he was too busy with work to have lunch with you. or he wasn't feeling too well, he would have to skip going to the movies with you tonight.

it had come to the point where you barely ever spent time with him anymore. you couldn't understand why he was distancing himself from you. you couldn't rule it out completely, but you had a feeling it wasn't because he had met someone else.

you and spencer were alike in many ways. one being your strong dislike for socializing. spencer was incredibly awkward when it came to meeting new people. you thought it was adorable, but it didn't necessarily help him when making new friends.

you spent your nights wide awake, your mind trying to run through every possible reason he was drifting away from you. you didn't have much of an appetite these days. it was becoming hard to concentrate at work. you didn't know what was going on with him, and it was killing you.

after months of him canceling plan after plan, you caved and found yourself at his door late one night.

you went to knock but hesitated. what if he was asleep? what if this ruined your friendship? what if the two of you never spoke again after this? you couldn't imagine your life without spencer. except he was already starting to pull away from you, you were basically living your life without spencer right now.

that was the reason you knocked. you realized you were starting to live your life without spencer in it. and it was unbearable.

he opened the door, confusion written all over his face.

"y/n? w-what are you doing here?" he asked, moving out of the way to invite you in.

"honestly, i don't really know. but i know i need to talk to you," you said, walking in and turning around to face him.

"oh," he said softly, not exactly sure what to say.

you took a deep breath, compiling your thoughts, before finally speaking.

"spencer, what is going on? we've been friends since elementary school. we spend every waking minute of free time together. well, we used to. i'm not stupid, spencer, i've been feeling you pull away for months now. so what the fuck is happening?" you said, breathing out a sigh of relief after finally getting those thoughts off your chest.

"uh, i-i don't really know. i guess i've been busy?" he said. you could always see right thought his lies.

"that's bullshit, spence. i know you. i know us. so what the fuck is going on?" you asked again.

"what's going on is i fucking love you! i love you and i know you don't feel the same way. it's been torture to see you get hurt guy after shitty guy and all i could do was sit there helplessly. i couldn't take it anymore, i-i just knew i couldn't handle seeing you with anyone else so i just stopped seeing you altogether. and it hurts like hell but it hurts even worse to know you don't feel the way i feel about you. that's what's happening," he said, sighing as he ran his hands through his hair.

he looked tired. and sad. you felt the same way and there was no way in hell you were gonna let him feel this way any longer.

"spencer, why didn't you just talk to me about this? we could've done this a lot sooner," you said, walking towards him.

he looked confused as you placed your hand on his cheek and slowly moved your face closer to his.

you pulled him in and kissed him like you've never kissed someone before. it was gentle, but so passionate. kissing spencer was all you had wanted to do for so long, and now you finally had it. and it was better than you could have ever imagined it.

"hey, spence?" you said, finally pulling away and looking in his eyes.

"yeah?" he said.

"i love you too."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:  *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

so i was thinking maybe a smutty part 2? feel free to leave your input cause idk if i wanna do that yet or not lol