Family's Background

I whipped my head back to see who was speaking. Standing 10 feet away from me was an old woman, only around 4 feet tall holding a wicked snake cane. Her wild pure white hair was neatly framed in a bob cut, complementing her heart shaped face. Her eyes were wide open, each a different color. One green, the other brown. A faint smile danced on her face, her head cocked as the spoke to me. She seemed familiar to me, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

"You were impatient child. Did you not heed my warning? I believe not." She said, slowly walking towards me," I am Faye, the women who sold you the nail polish. "

Suddenly I remember, I couldn't forget now. She was the eccentric-crazy- lady who had sold the nailpolsih. What was she doing here?

"What am I doing here? Ha, I see, they never told you. It is just like Luma to keep her heirs in the dark."

I squinted my eyes at Faye, Luma was my grandma, the one we were told we'd never meet.

“We’ve never met Luma. My mother told me she disowned us!" I said, turning back to Eve...at least what remained of her," I don't care about that shit now! How does this have to do with MY FUCKING SISTER DYING!" I shouted, clenching my fist. Faye then stood right next to me. She got down on her knees and turned my head to face her. I wanted to look away but her eyes were pulling me in. I felt my whole body relax, and my eyelids droop.

" Here's a lil tip hon, don’t' raise your voice at me. I know you’re just ignorant to the situation, but being angry isn't going to solve any problems." She stood up and she lifted her chin. Suddenly, I too stood up, my legs weak from sitting on them. She walked to the living room, and I followed aimlessly. She motioned to the loveseat and I sat down on it. Without a sound, a book tethered book appeared in the Faye's small hands. She sat down next to me and I noticed the age of the book. Frayed binding, discolored leather, and even a gold hinged lock, it must have been through more than I could imagine. She opened the book, taking care not to tear the pages. She grabbed my hand and asked me to say my name'

"Pandora." I said, suddenly extremely obedient.

She wacked my hand off the book and the pages started turning on their own. I would have been surprised has it not had been the same day Eve disintegrated. As quickly as it started the book stopped turning and opened to a page. I looked down to see my face painted on the page, and everything about me on the side.

"What is this?" I feverishly asked the Faye

She simply shook her head and told me to read. And I did.

If you're reading this, then we have failed. We tried to keep this curse from consisting in our family, but it is seems impossible. In this world, their are such things that can't be explain, phenomenons. To humans, they're phenomenons and only phenomenons, but to us it is different. The people who cause these "phenomenons" are called guiders. Guiders ablities range depending on the guilet,- Person-. The time they mature also depends on the guilet. Many millenniums ago, our ancestor Pandora, the first women , was sent down to earth by Zeus.  She opened the Pandora’s box, and you know the rest. Because of her, in our guide, one child in each generation is cursed with the want. The need to release danger- the seven sins- out into the world. After each awaking of the sins, if the child is able to stop them, they are blessed with incidible power and a true name. For great great grandmother did and was named Vyong, or flight. She gained the power to soar. But be caution, there is always a price. Those who do make it through give up the most important thing to them. Those who do not make it through...suffer forever. You have been warned.

I slammed the book close, not caring about how "fragile" it was, this wasn't funny. I wasn't magical, I'm a logical person. There was not logic to this. I thought about the recent events and tried to make them logically. It wasn't possible.