The Clone's Apartment

Rex gritted his teeth when he lost the clone in the crowds that were cheering. Just what he needed.

"Did you lose him?" Wolffe asked, joined Rex.

"What does it look like?" Rex growled. He felt irritated, sad, and tired.

"Well, I didn't." Wolffe chuckled. "I managed to track him to an apartment in the slums." he grinned. Rex rolled his eyes, but smirked.

"We'll find him then." he answered.
Minutes later, the two of them stared at a grimy little building, its dirt- covered walls and rat infested doorways didn't look very appealing.

"You've got to be kidding me." Rex muttered. "This place is filthy." he glanced at Wolffe, who despite the fact that he was holding his nose, was grinning.

"Worse than those Cantina's?" he teased. Rex shook his head, but a corner of his mouth lifted slightly.

"Let's he..." he stopped as someone from inside screamed something. Both clone's had their blaster's out.

"What do you suppose happened?" Wolffe asked. Rex shrugged.

"You tell me." he replied as they cautiously approached the door. Rex gently depressed the button to open the door, but nothing happened. He pulled an astromech arm out of his belt and quickly inserted it. It rotated once as it sent the codes in and then clicked. The door opened, sending bits of garbage everywhere. They entered, then stopped. Before them was the clone, but he was standing over a loose piece of flooring that creaked slightly as he cocked two pistols, aimed at the two clones. His cloak was laying on the filthy floor inches away from the man's boots. As Rex surveyed the scene, Wolffe gently leaned back slightly and closed the door.

"We just want to talk with you." he said in a reassuring voice.

"And I don't." replied the clone. Rex finally looked at the man's face, which to his surprise, was red and there were signs of tears on his cheeks.

"Pal, we aren't going to hurt you." Wolffe answered. Rex was surprised when he set his blaster down. The clone wavered slightly, so Rex moved to the side and pulling his DC- 15A's out of their holsters, set them on the table. He hesitated before added Fives DC- 17 to the mix.

"That was a mistake." the clone muttered. Rex whipped around as a blaster bolt hit Wolffe in the shoulder. Wolffe hit the closed door hard from the sheer force of it before tumbling to the ground. Rex dove for the rifle and fired, forgetting it was still on stun.

"Rex, stop!" he heard Wolffe exclaim as he dove into a room and locked the door. As he stood up, he was shocked to find photos of the entire 501st on the walls. He studied each picture, noting the messy handwriting on most of them. But when he got to Tup, he was shocked to find a small scar on his forehead, right about where the inhibitor would be. He looked for writing, but there was none except a small note in the neatest handwriting Rex had seen in a long time.

"Seen you on the other side, brother." Rex teared up slightly, then looked for Fives, to see if there was one of him. There was, but Rex had to look twice at what the note said.

"Keep it up, Fives. You died once, don't make that mistake again." 

Hey readers! I'm sorry for not posting yesterday, but I was out of town.