Beginning The Search

"He probably went to find a medic." Wolffe said as Rex paced by him for the 100th time - literally. Rex paused.

"Why though?" asked Rex. "We've known each other for the longest time. Why can't he trust me?"

"The old fear, Rex." Wolffe answered, standing up. "Just like you had your fear of other clones recognizing you. Even if it's been 19 years for him, the Chancellor is still alive and well. If someone who is loyal to the Empire sees him, they could take him in. Fives probably doesn't know that Order 66 already happened." Rex turned to Wolffe, a slightly irritated expression on his face.

"I thought we made a deal not to bring that up." he snapped. Wolffe nodded.

"We did," he said. "But sometimes oaths must be broken." Rex huffed and stormed out the door only to run into Hera.

"I'm sorry for shooting your friend earlier." she said in a monotone before pushing past him into the room he had exited. Rex was stunned, but left the Ghost, intending to find his rogue friend. But he was intercepted by Agent Kallus.

"That was a clone," he stated, blocking Rex's way. "I thought that you, Wolffe, and Gregor were the only ones alive."

"There are some of us still out there," Rex answered, trying not to let any annoyance into his voice. "I even know quite a few that are still fighting. But the one in the ha-"

"That clone has been on the watch list since the Empire was formed." Kallus flatly said. "Lord Vader himself keeps tabs on him." Rex's heart dropped to his toes.

"Vader?" his voice had an edge of fear mixed with concern. "As in the Emperor's right hand?"

"One and the same." Kallus replied. Rex's heart stopped. Kanan and Ezra had often mentioned their exchanges with the Sith Lord, and even though Ahsoka hadn't said anything to Rex directly, Ezra had told Rex that Ahsoka had said a name on Malachor. A name that Rex recognized and thought long dead.

"That's not good." he whispered, his right hand going subconsciously to the scar on his head, where his chip had been removed from.

"Why not?" a genuinely curious note was in Kallus' voice. Rex crossed his arms and tried not to let his true feelings about the matter show.

"Vader knew my legion well, and he was present at Fives assumed death." Rex explained, his voice dropping a note. Kallus furrowed his brow, a look of concern crossing his own face.

"That might not be good news." Kallus muttered. "We need to find him and talk some form of sense into him to leave the planet. Or at least allow us to find him a place to hang out in case Vader comes."

"Vader won't come right away," Rex mused. "But if we at least get Fives to cooperate with us, we can figure everything else out from there."

"Right then." Kallus said, giving a firm nod. "I'll grab Sabine and Zeb." before Rex could say anything else, Kallus took off. Rex sighed and turned to go get his blasters.

~|~
Within an hour, the four rebels were walking through the streets of the city, pulsing with celebration. Rex led them to Fives' apartment. Sabine and Zeb stayed outside, keeping an eye out for the rogue clone while Kallus and Rex swept the apartment. They found a hidden stash of credits, the armor hidden under the boards, and several other items that were stowed away, most of them little things like holo-pictures with the 501st, or valuable objects.

"He seems to have kept his past pretty well under the radar, for a clone." Kallus observed. Rex only nodded as they gave the apartment one last sweep before heading outside. Zeb was leaning against a nearby wall, watching Sabine, who was painting the Ghost crew (with a couple additions) on a nearby wall.

"I do not look like that!" Rex protested the second he saw the image of himself. Sabine shot the clone a look as she gave a final spray of her paint and stepped back. It was a comically horrible painting, and Rex knew without a doubt that Sabine had done it intentionally, mostly to make fun of Rex and Kallus.

"You must have been bored." Kallus chuckled. Rex gave Sabine a look before turning to Zeb.

"You and Sabine are going to sweep the streets for any sign of Fives. Kallus and I are going to find a command center or something."

"Good luck." Sabine said before walking away. Zeb shrugged and took off after her. The clone and the former ISB agent stood together, watching the two.

"I hope we find him before anyone else." Rex muttered. Kallus nodded in agreement.
~|~
Unknown to the foursome, the medic, and the rogue clone, there was someone else on Lothal looking for Fives, or rather, a group of persons, all in hoods. They stood in the shadows of a nearby alleyway, and one looked up from a datapad.

"The city's camera's say that See Tee-"

"His name is Fives." another hooded figure snapped.

"-five five," the first hooded continued, ignoring the second figure. "Passed this corner 59 minutes and 37 seconds ago and entered a dwelling only a block to the East."

"Has he left?" a third figure asked. The first shook his head and adjusted a pair of glasses.

"Not as of the moment, but the-"

"What are we waiting for?" the second figure asked impatiently. "We need to get to him before the Empire does!"

"We can't just do that." the first one stated. "We will need to procure a plan of extraction first before waltzing our way in there."

"Tech's right." a fourth one piped up, her voice carrying a slight accent that thickened occasionally. "If Fives leaves, then the city cameras will send a message to Tech's datapad and he can track the clone."

"She's gettin' good!" a fifth proudly declared. The one called Tech looked at the girl and nodded.

"We will come back when we have an idea of what we're going to do." the third one said.

"And preferably before the bounty hunter."

A/N:

Hello my wonderful readers! I am so sorry for not having posted anything. I suffered from writers block, but I have a vague idea for now, so you should begin seeing this more often.

Cheers,
Jedi Stalker