Jamie

James Rogers is born and Wanda's relationship with her baby brother through the years. Set after "Starting Over".

"You shouldn't be lifting that."
Natasha looks up, her eyes finding her husband in the door way.
"It's not even heavy." She says sending an pointed glare his way as she tries to lift the basket of the tiniest clothes into the top of the closet, before standing back onto her heels with a huff when she can't reach it. He comes up behind her taking the basket from her and lifting it properly onto the shelf with ease. "Show off." She mumbles
"What was that?" He asks teasingly, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Love, let's been honest you couldn't reach the top shelf before." He places his hand on her stomach, which seems to grow more and more everyday, smiling when he feels a strong kick towards his palm. "And you certainly can't reach it now." An even stronger kick hits his palm.
"See he's already taking up for me" Natasha says "face it, babe, he's already on my side."
"I'm sure he'll be a Mama's boy anyways, I didn't stand a chance." He admits. The family had been overjoyed to find out that the newest member of the Rogers family would be a little boy, Steve in particular. The couple takes their time looking around the nursery, which was now becoming filled as the weeks got closer and closer to their baby boys arrival. Wanda was currently off enjoying her first semester of college, while their younger two children were currently playing at the Barton home just across the yard.
"Crazy to think we've only got a few more weeks of this." Steve admits and Natasha interlaces their fingers together
"He'll be here before we know it." She agrees "I am going to miss this though."

A few weeks later

" please, tell me I didn't miss it." Wanda says quickly out of breath from her run from the parking lot. The teen went from having a class in the morning to quickly being picked up by Sam not even an hour later in the jet to hopefully make it in time for her baby brothers birth, and just in time for her thanksgiving break.
"You didn't, kiddo." Laura says as she gives her niece a hug. "It's good to see you."
"Its good to be home." Wanda smiles before reaching over to give her uncle a hug as well. Steve pokes his head out of the exam room door hearing his daughters voice and motions for her to come in.
"Hey, baby, I'm glad you made it." Natasha smiles as she enters.
"Me too. How are you feeling, Mama?" Wanda asks, as she makes her way to her mothers side, grabbing the older woman's hand, concern flashing across her face when the woman gives her hand a harder squeeze than normal.
"I'll be fine, Milaya, just a little while longer. Tell me about your day." Natasha replies and Wanda settles herself in the chair next to the bed.

It happens quickly and James is born soon enough, tears shed by the trio in the room. Wanda's never seen a baby so tiny, but soon he's in her arms and he seems impossibly smaller. Her parents are embracing currently, catching up after an emotionally exhausting movement. James looks up at her with big eyes and Wanda herself can't help but be overwhelmed because he's here and she has a brother again. The girl let's out a watery laugh when James clutches onto her finger with his fist. She can't help the words that slip from her lips in Sokovian. I see the sun again, brother.

A few days later the family is home settled in, Natasha catching up on some much needed rest while Wanda watches James sleep in his crib in the nursery. She smiles seeing the sun rays she and Steve had painted a few weeks prior on the wall behind his crib. She runs a hand over James tiny hand and he clutches her finger in his little fist once again.
"You're like sunshine, Jamie." She smiles and he coos at her voice.
"Just like his sister." Wanda looks up to find Steve standing in the door way, she smiles
"Hi, Papa."
"Hi, sweetheart." He smiles back, reaching out to hug her. "When are you heading back?"
"I have to leave Sunday." She says reluctant to leave her family already, only two more days. "I can't wait to be back at Christmas and get all the baby cuddles that I can in before spring semester." Steve smiles kissing her head.