Chapter 2

I woke up to the cold air against my overheated face. The pain in my cheek had faded and when I opened my eyes, I took in my surroundings, grateful that I could see again.

I was in what looked like a basement; the walls were bare, as was the floor, not counting the pile of blankets that were piled on top of me. A staircase that led upstairs was on the far opposite side of the room.

It was so quiet the only sound I could hear was that of my soft breath. I sat up too quickly, and pain in my head exploded, but only for moment. I leaned over, my long straggly hair covering my face. My hands went up to my forehead as I put my fingers against my temple, trying to soothe the small headache that was there.

I stayed like that for a while, trying to compose my thoughts. I needed to assess the situation before trying to leave.

I couldn't come up with anything important. The only thing I could do was go through the door. I was unsure that it would work, but it was the only option I had.

I stood quickly, ready to move. The cold air hit my body when all the blankets fell down around my feet. I froze and looked down at my body. I was wearing nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I grew angry and looked for any bruises. I found none except the ones on my upper arms, in the form of hands.

Although I was glad for no other pain, I couldn't help but be both pissed and scared at the same time.

I couldn't leave like this

I sat back down, covering my body with the blankets, but leaving my head poking through.

The knob from the door at the top of the stairs rattled. My blood went cold and I shivered, despite being wrapped up.

The door swung open, darkness behind him. How could he see where he went in that darkness?

"I see you're awake." He talked in barely more than a whisper, but I felt like he yelled.

He didn't move from where he stood. He just stared, trying to figure me out. I waited for him to say something, but he didn't. Eventually I said in quite possibly the most quiet voice I had ever used, "What do you want?"

His head jerked backwards. When we made eye contact again, his eyes were full on black, like they had been the day before.

Suddenly I knew what I was really dealing with.

"I want to know where the Winchesters are." He still whispered.

My head tilted to the side. "Who?"

"Like you don't know."

"I don't know. Just let me go, I don't have any information on the Winchesters, I don't even know who they are."

I blinked, and in that millisecond, Mr. Lawrence's body was several inches from mine, his nose almost touching my own. His eyes were full black. It had been unsettling from far away, But it was terrifying up close. You could see the tiny grayish veins that accompanied it.

I gasped and pulled back, but he grabbed my arms.

His whole countenance had changed. Mr. Lawrence yelled, "I KNOW YOU KNOW THEM! DON'T LIE TO ME; NOW TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!"

Tears prickled in my eyes. "I-I don't know them. Please, let me go!"

He growled loudly, and pulled the blankets off of me. He shoved me against the hard basement floor, and set the blankets on fire, without any tools.

I started sobbing, trying not to imagine what was going to happen next. Mr. Lawrence picked me up, and I started thrashing around in his arms, trying to get out, but they were strong and he didn't budge.