FOUR

"Chanji. And people like you are said to be civil."

It was Hyunjin

It was shocking, how this model always walked in at the right moment. How did he even know?

Chanji was fuming now. He was getting scarier every time we had an 'encounter'.

"Are you dating her?" he asked and I continued to feel the way I always did around him- frightened and irked.

Hyunjin decided to not raise the tension higher than it already was.

"We are not alone. Let's just be good people and not disturb everyone, yeah?" he rather stated than asked before gently pushing me, palm still on my shoulder, and led me to a seat near the window, where I guiltily sat. He plopped down right next to me.

I waited for the bus to start before turning to look at Hyunjin, who was already smiling at my gullible face.

"I mean it when I say that I am extremely thankful, Hyunjin".

His grin widened at that, automatically putting one on my lips too. His smile was contagious.

"Well... I'm feeling great that I'm able to help you out. Just... if I need something, I am confident about the fact that you will be more than willing to help too."

I hated where the conversation was going. My fear was coming true. Somewhere at the back of my mind, I knew that I would be indebted to him and now I had no reason to doubt myself.

On the other hand, I could see how delighted Hyunjin was.

I glared at him and he asked me to give that look to Chanji and not him. At that, my glare turned even more intense.

He gave me an extremely adorable smile for that. Man, he had his ways of getting out of his own troubles. As expected, I turned to the window so that he couldn't see how my frown had turned completely upside down.

I was wrong. He saw the transition extremely clearly.

"Wow. I haven't seen you smile like that," he teased.

"Shut it."

"Do I really deserve that after everything I have done?" he faked the most innocent look.

I didn't bother replying to that and he didn't mind either.

---

The sudden brakes put by the driver was all I needed to wake up from my deep slumber which was a big surprise. Ever since my eating disorder showed up, it was as if I had become a half-insomniac.

What surprised me more was the fact that the sleeping beauty beside me didn't even budge when the bus had jerked like that.

It took me a lot of effort to wake him up, but I did and we were able to get off the bus right before it headed back to the school.

"Sorry... it can get really hard to wake me up sometimes...", he said, still looking drowsy.

I responded with a smile that he understood and gave back one to me too.

Unknowingly, we ended up walking side by side. The weather was still gloomy and the drizzling had commenced yet again.

"Do you like the weather", he asked and I vigorously nodded.

"You?"

"Me too. I like rain and I love autumn."

"I think that is one definite similarity we share," I said with a smile as we looked at each other.

His duality was torturing my mind now. My smile clearly died down at that thought to which he paid no attention.

"Where do you live?" he asked as we were passing by the 3rd  main street.