Chapter Four: Backstory

Okay; so I thought that it would have Quackity in it, but I was wrong — I PROMISE the next one has him though, I swear on my life, please don't kill me 😅

It's a day later and Tina is walking through the forest when she sees Wilbur outside of Skeppy's cave, smiling at a picture (Skeppy lives in a cave because he's a diamond)

Tina snuck up behind him and snatched the picture from his hands.

"HEY - GIVE THAT BACK!" Wilbur yelled in surprise.

She looked at the picture - it was Wilbur and Quackity. Quackity's face was red - probably with embarrassment - while Wilbur was laughing. Wilbur's hair didn't have the white streak, so it was before he had been killed.

Tina looked back at Wilbur. "How did you end up in such a bad relationship with Q-?"

"I'm not doing this," he said annoyed, taking back the picture. "I'm not letting you dig through my past when I've told you it's not your concern."

"Damn, you've gotten cold over the past few years."

Wilbur flapped his wings a bit. "Unless you have something I want, this is a waste of my time."

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, Mr. Coldheart."

Wilbur looked her dead in the eyes and smirked. "You better stay out of my goddamn business if you care about that cat so much." He motioned to Lucky, who was sitting a few feet away on a tree stump.

Tina only flinched a bit before opening her book and writing in it again. "Why are you threatening my cat?"

Wilbur blinked. "What-? Because you're being a bitch, obviously."

She closed her book. "Well thank you and no thank you."

"I'm confused," Wilbur put his hand on his forehead. "Are you still trying to find out what happened between me and Q, or are you just harassing me?"

Tina thought for a minute. "Maybe a bit of both."

Wilbur chuckled. "Even when we're at each other's throats, you manage to break the tension."

Tina smiled and wrote in her book again.

"What are you even writing about-?" Wilbur asked curiously.

She chuckled. "Eh, just some random things about this situation."

"Okay, then," Wilbur said and laid down in the grass. He looked up at the sky and sighed. "It's peaceful out here. Quiet."

Tina put away her book and glanced at Wilbur. "It's the first time I've seen you so peaceful and calm."

He took a deep breath. "It's hard sometimes, but it's possible."

She smiled. "Interesting."

"God, you're so confusing," Wilbur said.

"I know."

He sat up and sighed. "You really want to know about Q?"

Tina nodded eagerly and sat down next to him.

"Well, it all started when we were kids. We were best friends, inseparable."

"Ooo, that sounds good."

"Yeah, yeah it was," Wilbur chuckled softly. "Over time, he seemed to act weirder and weirder around me. Laughing at stupid things I said, doing small tasks for me - it was all so weird to me. Eventually I asked him about it and he freaked out. Ghosted me for a week, and finally came back around. The first thing he said to me when I saw him again was 'I like you. You're the best thing in my life and I never want you to leave.'"

Tina looked at him shocked. "So he had a crush on you?"

"Yeah. Yeah he did. I was just as shocked as you are, and eventually I guess I realized I had similar feelings as well. We ended up being together for a while before the whole disc thing with Tommy started. Then the wars, and then L'manberg..." his voice trailed off.

Tina hugged him. "Oh, so everything was just because of those stupid dramas that this server has. Pathetic. So you two ended up breaking up, right?"

He hugged her back and chuckled. "Well, I died, so I guess it was an official breakup-? I don't know, but after I was revived he had changed - a lot. We didn't talk at all. Then Las Nevadas came out of seemingly nowhere, and the whole rivalry started - which lead up to why I fucking hate him so much."

"Do you find any reasons on why Quackity would hate you? And i don't mean about this rivalry, like in general, if you don't mind answering."

"No. No he doesn't hate me - I hate him. He - well, he fucking stole the book from me. Y'know, the book that looks like Karl's that we almost had a war about the other day-? I spent months looking for it, and one day I saw George with it, so I found it and, we'll, you know the rest. And I know you hate all this book drama and to my surprise, I hate it too. It's caused too many problems."
(Go to the authors note before the first chapter, I updated it and this should make more sense)

"So you hate Q because he stole the book from you, and he wants to have this so called 'legacy'?"

He pulled out of the hug. "Yeah. Pretty much. Although, ever since we went in his house, I've had this feeling - I'm not sure, but I think I might still like him. I know it's stupid and probably not a good idea to try the whole thing again, but I can't shake this feeling that I could've done more. That if I hurry, I might still have a chance."

"Well, why don't you try that instead of this so called rivalry? Maybe he still has feelings for you and you may not know. I've hear that his fiances left him, so why don't you try? He isn't Dream or Technoblade to be that goddamn powerful."

He shrugs. "God, I just don't know - this whole thing is happening so fast, and we haven't even talked in what feels like years. I'm just - I just don't know how to handle this."

"I may not have a relationship, but I've heard that on this SMP are a lot of relationship problems. I suggest you to make the first step by talking to him and make sure it doesn't turn into some rivalry moment. Maybe he wants to talk to you but doesn't know how to do it, maybe he thinks just because you're revived, you've changed."

He nodded slowly. "Yeah, you're right. I guess things do happen on the SMP like that. I'll talk to him tomorrow, I don't know where he might be, but I'll find him."

Tina chuckled. "He's probably just in Las Nevadas building his 'legacy'."

Wilbur laughed. "Yeah, I that wasn't even a question, huh?"

She looks at him. "Yea, he's always there so I bet would find him there."

Wilbur ruffled her hair. "Look at you, being a little therapist."

She giggled. "Yeah, it's my first time being one."

Wilbur laughed warmly. "You're good at this, and thank you. This really helps me, but, ah - please don't tell anyone about this? Especially not Q."

Tina nodded and smiled. "I promise I won't."

1142 words
God this was a long chapter - make sure to stay tuned for tomorrow, when the real action starts. 👀