Chapter 06

[Jia's POV] I went out of the school premise and towards where mom was standing leaning against her car door waiting for me

[Jia's POV]
I went out of the school premise and towards where mom was standing leaning against her car door waiting for me. I was again confuse to why she is here to pick me up rather than in her office during this time.

I suddenly remembered that time when she had came to pick me up only to give me the shock of moving to Seoul later at home. I chuckle remembering the incident which caught mom's attention and she turn around in my direction.

J/m - Why are you chuckling?

Jia - Just thinking of that time when you first came to pick me up from school. That day you gave me the shock of moving away. So, I was wondering what shock are you going to give me today. 😅😂

J/m - Hmm, let me think.... How about we go home first and then I tell you what shock I'm going to give you.

J/m (in mind) - Because I'm afraid you'll not take this news in a positive manner.

Jia smile and with that both of them hop inside the car and her mother started the engine. Soon the reach their apartment and Jia was told to get fresh while her mother will come inside after parking the car.

Jia went inside her room and kept her back on the ground beside her desk. She took her outfit from the cupboard and went to get fresh. The weather today was a little hot so she thought of wearing a white sleeveless floral knee-length dress, made a messy bun and went downstairs. She found her mother sitting in the dinning space with a plate of pastry infront of her. She smile happily and went to take a seat beside her mother and started eating.

After a while she finished eating and kept the plate aside and said

Jia - What do you want to talk about mom?

J/m - Jia I don't know how you will handle this thing but just hear me out ok.

Jia - Mom you're scaring me now.

J/m - I...I haveaboyfriend.

Jia - Mom first of all you should stop your this bad habit of speed talking and I didn't understand a thing also. Can you repeat it again and this time a little slowly.

J/m - I have a boyfriend Jia.

Jia - Are you serious!? I'm so happy for you eomma!

J/m - Jia I know it's not easy for you to handle this news an-- wait...you.. you're happy? You have no problem with me having a boyfriend?

Jia's mother was happy would be an understatement to say atleast. She was relief to know that Jia was ready to accept her relationship.

Jia - Mom it's been 11 years of dad's death and I have seen you not giving any time to yourself. I have seen how hard your work for me so that my wishes can be fullfilled, without caring about yours. It's about time you start living your own life, you also deserve someone who will love you for you are.