Chapter three: High and dry

Play: U can't touch this by MC Hammer

You walk in the bottle shop with Mikasa, Connie and Annie.

Out of the whole group, you guys had the best drinking game. Well, mainly Connie and Annie, but you and Mikasa were close runners-up's.

You all decided to split up, you and Connie down one aisle, and Mikasa and Annie down another. Connie grabbed a shopping trolly, motioning for you to jump in it.

You willingly did it, of course, flooding your memories of you and your older sister Yelena doing this every time your parents took you both shopping.

You frowned, missing you sister, missing your parents.

You grabbed a bottle of beer and popped open the lid with the beer bottle lid opener on your car keychain, pushing away the thoughts of your family. This wasn't the time, and definitely not the place to dwell on old memories.

 Once you opened the bottle, you took a swig, passing the bottle onto Connie. Since his hands were full from piling bottles in the cart, you just pressed the opening of the bottle to his lips.

He took a hug mouthful, swallowing it. He grinned at you, wiping the excess liquid off his face with his sleeve.

After you felt like you grabbed more than enough alcohol to get wasted with, he started pushing the trolley, running, and then lifting his legs up onto the bottom bar so his feet were no longer touching the floor. He let out a whoop, which was returned by a 'shush' from an employee. You both looked at each other, and burst into fits of laughter.

"Do you think this is enough to get wasted at a party?" He asks you, clearly knowing what your answer would be.

"Connie, you know I don't even have to answer that."

Once you paid, you both went outside to meet up with Mikasa and Annie who were sitting on the curb hitting a joint, leaning into each other.

You looked at Connie and wiggled your eyebrows suggesting something. He snorted, covering his mouth when Annie turned around and glared at him. She got up, walking towards him.

Connie broke into a sprint, screaming, "AHHHHHH! Y/N HELP ME, ANNIE'S GONNA KILL ME, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN HOOKED UP WITH SOMEONE!"

You looked at Mikasa, and you both instantly broke down in laughter, bending over, holding onto a pole for support.

After the two of you caught your breath, wiping away a few stray tears, Mikasa stood up, taking some of the bottles from your hands. She placed them in the boot of your car, being careful to make sure the bottles wouldn't break.

Annie came back first, hopping into the back seat. Connie came back a few seconds after, worriedly glancing at Annie every few seconds.

"I dibs shotgun!" He shouts, jumping over the car door and straight into the seat. You frown, concerned for your car door, but don't say anything.

Mikasa slides in the back, not fazed with Connie's outburst.

If it came from Connie, then no one is surprised.

You opened the driver's door and slid in, buckling yourself up. You started the engine, admiring the cloudless sky, the sun slowly setting behind the mountains. A voice broke you out of your thoughts.

Of course, it was Connie.

"Guys, I'm controlling the music." Connie said, putting on a stern voice looking at us all seriously. You couldn't help but giggle, after all, his face was priceless.

He glares at you, but it only lasts for a second before he starts snorting, his loud laugh easing the awkwardness. You pull away from the curb, driving steadily onto the main road.