➸ 𝟎𝟏. 𝐀𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞

“You are the daughter-in-law whom we have longed, and now to this family you truly belong

“You are the daughter-in-law whom we have longed, and now to this family you truly belong.”

✽✽✽

The day started with the shedding of tears, bidding goodbye to the family she was brought up in and travelling all way from Panchal to Hastinapura was exhausting. To add to it was the unwanted drama created in the palace.

Except Bhishma, Drona, Kripa and Gandhari, no one were happy with welcoming the newly wedded bride. Few people understood the reason for the marriage, few blatantly ignored their presence, and the other few disparaging the brothers and their wife.

The night was all left to Draupadi alone, to give her the rest she needed. The princess of Kashi who now was the wife of Duryodhana, Bhanumati had showed her the room she was given. It was huge and well decorated with the best of the best flowers, and a plate of ancestry jewels and gems given by Gandhari was kept nearby. But, the deep carvings of the pillars caught Yagyajanmi's attention.

She was a trained warrior, an expert in swords and played with numbers efficiently. Architecture always used to attract her, it connected directly to her heart and Panchali was always eager to explore the architecture of different places and analyse the meaning behind each carving.

As she sat by the window, Draupadi witnessed the new place she came this morning, this place which she wished to make it her home.

Thinking about her day as she stared at the sky, Panchali was now thinking how the five brothers, now her husbands were different from each other.

Yudhisthira, the calm one; Bhima, the enraged; Nakul & Sahadev clever but gets irked easily.

But Arjun, he didn't give her much opportunity to know more about him. All she heard about him was about his warrior skills and the love for his brothers and mother.

However, what she observed in this one day was, he was a reserved person. She was not judging him, yet his silence didn't go unnoticed by her.

At dinner too, she observed how he ate so less, as if eating only for the sake of formality and not to fill his appetite.

Sighing audibly, she cleared her thoughts about her few hours old husband who had occupied her mind more than wanted.

Or maybe, it was natural to have thoughts about her newly wedded husband.

But, he was not the only one!

Closing her eyes tight, she exhaled a long breath, it would take time, she thought.

It would take time to love the other four siblings the same way, she loved him.