➸ 𝟎𝟕. 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐞

"There is only one rule, Arjuna: Dharma must win

"There is only one rule, Arjuna: Dharma must win. All else is an error."

-Sri Krishna

✽✽✽

Am I out of Indraprastha for pilgrim as a punishment or to go on marrying princesses?

Subhadra is indeed a pretty princess, her brothers have raised her right. Her qualities are worth admiring and I accept I am impressed.

But should I marry every girl I find beautiful inside out?

I'm a married man already!

"Yeah, thrice."

Arjun's mind voice stopped as his friend snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Madhav, that's the point. I have married thrice already. And you exactly know the state of the two princesses I have left behind. You want your sister to have the same fate?"

"Why did you conclude that you'll be leaving my sister behind, Parth?"

Arjun crooked his neck upwards to see his friend grinning at him.

"You like Subhadra?" Krishna asked.

"Yes, but-"

"Do you think Duryodhan deserves my sister?"

"Of course not. Subhadra and Duryodhan, just no."

Govinda sighed. "Draupadi will accept Subhadra if you try."

Arjun looked aside.

"It's not just a wedding of love, but a political alliance forming too."

Arjun looked back at his friend's mysterious eyes. "Parth, if you don't elope with Subhadra now, she will be wedded to Duryodhan against her disagreement."

"The ties of Hastinapura and Dwarka strengthens and even if I wish to, times when a war comes up, I will have to fight for Duryodhan."

Arjun veered his head towards Krishna to confirm his statement. Krishna's eyes which were peering into the distant horizon swayed over to Arjun.

"I will wed Subhadra." Parth declared.

"That's not the only point, Parth." Krishna told.

"Balram tau will never let our sister to stay away from her husband. She cannot stay in Dwarka after her marriage."

Arjun stared at Krishna in disbelief. "And I can't break my promise, Madhav."