➸ 𝟎𝟓. 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and inflames the great

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and inflames the great."

✽✽✽

She was a Queen. She knew better than staying aloof. With efficiently handling Indraprastha, being the daughter-in-law of the prestigious Kuruvansh, wife of the mighty Pandavas, and a mother to little Prativindhya.

She had grown a lot.

She had been nurtured by the lessons of life. Missing him everyday had developed into a habit. And neither did she want to let go of it.

He was in her prayers. Always.

In the years that passed, never did she pray anything for herself. She sat in front of the idol of Lord Narayan supplicating for his safety, though she knew that he was a warrior. He who triumphs over defeats.

Staying in a hut and indulging herself in daily household chores brought her near to the people of Indraprastha. Meeting them everyday, sitting with them and talking like a common woman did bring happiness and satisfaction to their people.

Maybe it all happened for a reason.

She smiled, as she saw her four husbands with Prativindhya in Bhima's arms. She chuckled to herself looking at the sight. Prativindhya looked like a toy in the mighty arms of Bhima.

"Didn't I tell you Draupadi will think the same?" Sahadev said, laughing.

"And what will I be thinking?" Draupadi asked, handing them a pot of water to wash their hands and feet.

"That Prativindhya is invisible in Bhrata Bhima's arms." Nakul replied.

Agnija, pursed her lips to supress her giggles. "What if I say, I wasn't thinking that?"

"It means you've a good heart!" Bhima said, enthusiastically.

"Also that you're lying, Kalyani." Yudhishthira broke into titters.

"You too, Agraja?" Bhima narrowed his eyes, while the others laughed.

"Now give me my son." Panchali took Prativindhya in her arms and cradled him.

Looking at his mother, Prativindhya's lips curved into a toothless smile. Kissing his cheeks in admiration.

"Maa!" the little one called out, filling the mother's heart with contentment.