➸ 𝟎𝟒. 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"What I've learned in my young life:

-pick your battles
-accept people for who they are and not
-love doesn't fade with distance."

-Arjun.

✽✽✽

"Arjun," Yudishtira stood up at a lightning speed, seeing his younger brother stormed into the chamber.

"Forgive me for the intervention, Agraja," Dhananjaya murmured loud enough for the people in the chamber to hear.

Saying so, he picked up the Ghandiva and rushed outside.

The King of Indraprastha, followed his brother outside to check on the situation.

Left was Draupadi, who gripped her saree in her fist, trying to control the tears which brimmed in her lotus eyes.

Everything became blank, her mind stopped her from doing anything. Her heartbeat raced, as she heard the gates of the palace open.

Inhaling a sharp breath, she darted to the balcony only to see, the white horse with his master gallop away from the palace.

Away from her.

×

Takshak tried to get his revenge but failed in front of the mighty Narottama. The cows were back to the Brahmins, safe and sound.

Chaos in the kingdom turned into a celebration of the victory of their Commander.

However, the mystical palace was gloomy. Nakul and Sahadev were back after tending to the cows. Bhima waited at the palace doors for his brother to return.

Yudhishtira indulged in a deep discussion with the chief priests of the Kingdom. Coming back, he seemed to look quite satisfied with the discussion.

Draupadi sat with hundreds of maids surrounding her. She had received information about her husband's success through one of them.

Was she happy for his success? Yes.

Was she proud of him? Yes.

Yet, the smile was missing from her beautiful face. Her eyes were shifting continuously from the window to the ring on her finger.

The ring he gifted, as per ritual.

Isn't this too early? She was just wedded, weeks back. And now, was he going away from her?