➸ 𝟎𝟑. 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"The best thing to learn in life is the habit of adjustment

"The best thing to learn in life is the habit of adjustment."

✽✽✽

The sun rose to the sky, colouring it with its light, as the birds happily chirped off flying long distances and flapping their wings.

The clouds cleared to make way for the Sun God to bless the city of Indraprastha. The white marble of the palace shone brightly as the Sun rays fondled it.

Panchali slides the blinds covering the huge windows, her face glowing as the sunshine hit her. Peeping through the open windows, her eyes observed a battalion saluting, as their commander marched towards them.

Her lips curved into a beautiful smile, her eyes gleaming in pride as the man who won her strode over to come face to face with armoured soldiers of the newly built Indraprastha.

Arjun commanded the troops into practice as his eyes rolled through the surroundings observing each corner as his copper-brown got pinned to a pair of orbs staring at him.

And in a moment, he saw her giggling, shying away from him. Arjun chuckled as he ran his palms through his silky hair locks.

"Panchali!" he whispered to himself still looking at the window where she stood.

The Yojanagandha she was, used to give away her presence to anyone. And so happened with Arjun as well.

The fire princess suddenly was mousy under his gaze. Draupadi wondered how special the attraction she felt towards him was.

"Not a sin though, he's my husband after all." she debated with herself.

And that's how Agnija fell head over heels for him.

And this was just the beginning of their saga.

×

"Saavdhan!" the guard's voice put an end to the cheerful whispers of the crowd. "Make way for the mighty rulers of this land."

The people radiated in joy as they moved to the sides, making space for the Indraprastha royals. Every pair of eyes were in the distance when the Pandavas and their wife walked over to them.

Yudishtira and Draupadi stood in the middle along with Bhima and Nakul on the King's wing and Arjun and Nakul on the Queen's wing. With a smile on their faces, their palms joined in respect to their subjects, who followed them from the established Hastinapura to the forest region from which they created Indraprastha.

The trust the people had in the Sons of Pandu was immense and had to be protected at any cost.

Yudishtira got the show on the road, "Respectful citizens of Indraprastha, thank you for having faith in your princes. It is you who will shape us into the Kings of the land, and it will be you who will govern your land. I promise I will not leave your hands and work dedicatedly towards being the King you wished to see me."