Chapter 13

Thank you so much for reading!

Love you!

Chapter 13 – Education

Damon

Monday arrived quickly.

He'd spent most of Saturday and Sunday making sure Emry was alright. She was barely conscious on Saturday, but on Sunday she looked a bit better, though still dazed off. She had to take Monday to heal as well.

That's why he was standing alone before the gates when his team arrived, carrying their bags. They all gathered into half a circle around him as proper, looking both exhausted from the train travel and confused to see just him there.

"I hope the first weekend after enlisting went well and that you're ready for this week," Damon started. "Are you?"

"But," said Kalen, his blue eyes baffled. "Where's Tiger?"

All of his soldiers were frowning at him. Great.

He glared back at them. "Thank you for being so thrilled to see me, you six shitheads. Emry's sick."

Sounds of disappointments were heard. He got that, because while he'd been easier on them than her, she had been the one to actually help them with their documents and all that other stuff he would get so bored to even think of. As cold as she was to other people, she was the one to turn to with any difficulty, and her soldiers knew that.

He rolled his eyes at them. "Yeah, I'm not happy about that either, but we're going to give her the day to rest, and maybe tomorrow too."

"What happened?" Asked Ella. She had her neat brown hair in a ponytail, but her bangs were still covering her forehead.

Damon rubbed his palms together. "You had a long ride here. Let's go get you settled, next we will talk. Every move you do, you do quietly so she wouldn't wake up. Understood?"

"Yes sir," they all mumbled, and they started to march to the Slayers building.

After they all settled at the hall, he had them in a circle on the cold floor and sat down with them. "Emry's been on a mission on Friday, she's got poisoned by a demon's sting. She'll be fine, she just has to rest."

They were all quiet for a moment. Then, Ahron mumbled, "I knew it, one bad mission and that's it."

"Of course, that's the military," Anoki gently pointed out, getting her black silky hair off her face. "We have to get used to that."

"Why are you even here if you're that afraid anyway?" Asked Riggs.

Ahron looked down and scratched his pale knee. "I have nowhere else to go."

"Did your parents kick you out?" Asked Lucy with sympathy. "Mine kicked me out too, but they had their reasons."

"No," Ahron shook his head. "I kicked myself out."

"What do you mean?" Asked Kalen.

"My house was not a good place to live in," he explained, fixing his glasses on his nose. "I had to find somewhere else to live to get a better education."

"Education," repeated Ella. "Here?"

Ahron just shrugged in response.

"But why did they put you above all things in the Slayer Unit?" Wondered Riggs.

Damon decided to step in. "Do you think Ahron doesn't belong in our little group?" He raised a brow.

Riggs looked uneasy, his hard square jaw shook for a moment. "Well... he's afraid of weapons, of dying..."