3

August 29

Angel had been there for a while; she would be discharged soon. The 15-year-old was ready to leave the hospital. Eve was very adamant that Julian's family was abusing her and needed to find proof. Angel wanted nothing more than to have a different doctor but was ready to leave and wanted no more attention on her. Julian and Azreal were in and out, bringing her the homework she was missing and keeping her up to date about everything. She had only been there for one day and then was stuck in the hospital for a while. Julian's mom came in often, giving her hot homemade meals since Angel complained about the taste of the hospital food. Martha Margo felt the nervous energy whenever Doctor Levi was around them instead of ensuring Angel was fed.

Angel was allowed to change into a hospital pajama set instead of the open-back gown, which was much appreciated. Eve had walked in when she saw the scars littered over her back. Something they had glazed out because of the bandages. Eve made the call before Angel was supposed to be discharged.

Angel heard the heels clicking before she saw her. Fear crept in, with the pressure in her chest before the door was open, and in came her case worker.

"Fuck"

Miss Jane Bumble met Angel around 7 when her parents died in a car accident. The girl had been silent but couldn't stay in a foster home for long because she always seemed to not get along with her foster parents. Jane remembered the number of times Angel accused her foster parents was abuse. Angel had run away from her last foster home when she was 11, and no one could find her until now. Now 15, Angel stared at her case worker with wide eyes.

"How the fuck did you find me?" Angel exclaimed, backing away from her. "Your doctor called, and of course, I would come and find one of the kids! You ran away. We couldn't find you!" Angel rolled her eyes before looking over Janes's shoulder to see Eve walking towards them. "Well, I need to change out of my clothes; go ahead and go to the cafeteria." Jane sighed, knowing that anything could happen to Angel, but Jane nodded and walked to the cafeteria. Eve watched the CPS worker walk away and met Angel's eyes. Eve closed the door and looked at the teen. Angel glared at her before grabbing her bag. "You called CPS?" Eve nodded, sitting down.

"The scars on your back show abuse! The Margo's could be"

"Oh, shut up! You know nothing about me. I could have told you how I got those! The Margo's saved me; they gave me a roof over my head while Jane, that bitch placed me in homes that gave me these scars! My old foster parents gave me these scars; now June will give me back to them."

That was the most that Eve had heard from Angel, who was staring at her angrily.

"You stupid bitch! It's your fault if I end up dead-"

"Angel!"

Martha Margo interrupted the younger girl, hands in her waist and looking at Angel. The black-haired girl looked away, grabbing clothes from the bag.

"That is uncalled for. I'm sorry about her, Doctor Levi" Angel rolled her eyes before turning around. "She called Miss Bumble! Of course, I'm angry. She was going to send me back to them! I can't go back to that family."

Martha grabbed Angel's hands softly before hugging her. The tears slowly started to fall. "They can't take me away from you."

Eve felt the guilt swimming in, watching the teen cry in the arms of the woman she had thought was abusing Angel. Angel hadn't shown many emotions, and now she was the reason she was crying.

"You don't have a biological family?"

Angel wiped her eyes. "No, you think I would still be in the system!" Martha whispered her name sharply. "I don't know my biological father. My mom never told me his name," Eve sighed. "Well, we can do a DNA test," Angel raised an eyebrow. "Don't we need a potential father for that?" Eve nodded. "I have that covered; what's your mother's name? Maybe that can help"

"Rachel Roman"

Eve had extended Angel's stay instead of discharging her after she had strained her arm while Angel and Bumble were arguing. Eve remembered the name, seeing as Rachel was from a well-known family in Gotham. She was Bruce Wayne's childhood friend, both families being friends before the older Romans died and leaving Rachel with everything when she was 18. Afterward, she left Gotham, and no one heard from her until her death almost eight years ago. Eve had never personally met the woman, seeing as Eve was a few years older than her before she entered Gotham private high school. But Bruce and Rachel's relations had been highly public since they started dating. So Bruce Wayne could be Angel's biological father. Now she only needed his DNA, which meant calling him.

Great.