17

Nov 5

Angel was frustrated. She was tired of her bed, and she was bored with the movies that were on the multiple streaming services her father bought to keep her entertained. But she was bored. She had even finished all of the homework that she was putting off until the last minute but it was the only thing that kept her from throwing the controller at the ground. Sure, Martha and Julian were coming in and out of her room to see how she was doing. But both Margos were out. Martha had gone to work and Julian to school with Azreal. She had pushed Dick to spend some time with his girlfriend while Kori was still there. Cass had gone to her room to take a nap and Jason decided to go train. Damien, Tim, and Stephanie were at school. Quinn had been texting her non-stop but he was taking a test in his AP English class. Alfred had come in a little while ago to see if she was hungry.

She wasn't. Somehow stuffing her face with food wasn't that appealing at the moment. Angel let out a long heavy sigh as she slumped further into her bed. Angel needed some entertainment that wasn't old or repeated movies. She had binged watched the whole Marvel movie and decided to watch the lord of the Rings movies only to give up halfway. Legolas was not keeping her attention long enough to watch it all. She wanted some human interaction, now that she had it she felt like she needed more. Angel sighed once again and turned and decided to put some music on and hoped she could fall asleep once again.

Thankfully, she had fallen asleep pretty quickly to find Dick softly walking in. The older boy smile and waved at her as he entirely walked in.

"How do you feel?", Dick asked, sitting beside her. Angel hummed, making her cringe at the pain, and grabbed her brother's arm to pull him onto the bed. Dick laughed and let himself be pulled. Angel poked his side and then grabbed her board.

'I'm bored, can we do something?' Dick read the board as Angel gave him a hopeful look. Dick laughed as Angel pouted and crossed her arms.

"Hmm, how about we go to the game room?", Dick asked, and Angel eagerly nodded. Angel watched as Dick grabbed the wheelchair and placed it beside her to help her onto it. Dick pushed Angel to the other side of the house. Angel smiled as she saw one of Damien's kittens walk out of his room. Her younger brother had found a stray cat heavily pregnant and had given birth as Angel was in the hospital. Father had allowed the kittens to stay as long as Damien was actively looking for good families. but Damien needed to know that the animals were getting taken care of and that they wouldn't be hurt. Dick had said that the last liter Damien had taken in had stayed until they were full adults before Father forced him to give them up. Angel had wanted to ask if she could get a dog, as much as she loves Titus, the great Dane was her brother and not truly hers. Angel had always wanted a puppy but she wasn't going to push her luck with Julian's stepfather.

The kitten mewled making Angel beam as the orange and black kitten brushed against her uninjured leg before moving to look for its mother.

'Do you think Bruce would let me have a puppy?' Angel wrote, lifting the board to allow her brother to read. Dick hummed as he thought.

"For sure, he would do anything for you, Angel. Do you not like Titus?" Angel shook her head no, making her a little dizzy at how fast she did it.

'I love Titus, but he's not mine, you know. I dunno, I want a puppy', Angel wrote, biting her lip. Dick smiled and opened the door to the game room. Jason and Roy were on the back, yelling at each other as they tried to beat each other in the game. Angel tensed up a little as Roy look up and met her gaze before Jason pushed him to the side. Dick pushed her to the other side, where board games and card games were everywhere.

"Then, let's get you one. I'll ask Bruce if we can go tomorrow or maybe later today if he gets home early enough", Dick said, making Angel smile widely as Dick took out the UNO cards. "How about we play some UNO first, to pass the time".