15

Oct 25

Bruce watched from the window as his daughter slept. Barbara sat beside Angel, book in hand. Dick is on the cot on the other side, sleeping peacefully. Cass stood beside Bruce, his arm wrapped around her shoulder, head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Bruce asked his daughter, Cass looked up at Bruce. 'I'm good. You?" Cass signed, tucking herself back under her adoptive father's arm. "I'm good as well. Especially now that all my kids are safe", Cass smiled.

Dick slowly woke up, and the beeping machines in the room woke him. Angel was still asleep as Barbara switched places with Tim and Stephanie. They had all decided that someone would stay with Angel until she woke up. Barbara had rushed Angel to the hospital since the rest needed to deal with the Heaths and the two hires kidnappers. Jillian had been rushed to custody while Jewel was placed in CPS custody. Quinn had tried to come and visit Angel, but Jason had kicked the male away every time. Until Angel woke up and gave him permission, no one from the Say family was allowed inside, even if they weren't wanted criminals anymore, Julian and Azreal had been forced back to their homes after staying in the hospital since Angel was checked in late yesterday. The girl hadn't woken up since she came out of surgery. The doctor told them about the internal bleeding and Angel's abuse. In a short time, Craig Heath had broken Angel's right leg, injured her left, and raped her violently causing damage and bruising. There were hand-shaped bruises on Angel's stomach, hips, and face. After surgery, Angel was sleeping off the anesthesia. She hadn't woken up since. The paparazzi were waiting out the hospital, looking for any type of update from Bruce Wayne's secret daughter he had been keeping out of view.

Dick stretched, leaning back to look over his sister. Cass sat on the cot, looking ready to fall over and sleep. Barbara had left earlier, as Tim and Stephanie were sneaking out back to the mansion. Jason had fallen asleep on the chair while Bruce went to get something to eat for them. Dick brushed a strand of hair out of Angel's face.

"She fought like crazy" Dick whispered, as Cass looked over at him.

"Yeah, that bastard deserved every kick and punch she gave him" Dick continued, looking over his shoulder toward Cassandra.

' He deserved to die' Dick sighed. "You sound a lot like Damien right now, hon" Cass rolled her eyes.

'He's lucky Bruce got to him first and not Damien' Dick nodded.

"I'm just happy that she's alive and here" Dick let out as Cass leaned back on the bed. Dick jumped as Angel let out a tiny whimper, body moving as Angel woke up. Cass got up as Dick softly caressed Angel's head.

"Come on, Angel, open those eyes for me"

Angel let out a gasp, eyes snapping wide open to stare at her oldest brother. Dick let out a sound of relief, stopping himself from grabbing Angel and hugging her. But they all knew not to act harshly around Angel. They didn't know how she would react to people. She was jumpy before she was kidnapped.

Angel opened her mouth but no words came out. Her eyes widen as she placed a hand on her neck, flinching as she made contact with tender skin. Angel looked up at Dick, who had tears in his eyes. Angel bit her bottom lip as she let herself open up a bit and pulled her older brother for much-needed comfort. Which Dick gladly gave, holding his sister tightly as she sobbed silently.

"The police want to take your statement, Angel", Dick whispered. Angel hasn't let go since she had woken up, only for the doctor's check-up when she woke up. Jason had woken up to hold Angel's hand, who hadn't let go since. Angel whimpered at the thought. She shook her head and buried her face deeper into Dick's neck. Dick rubbed her back, trying to calm his sister.