7

September 25

Miss Bumble was coming for her first check this afternoon. Even though Bruce is biologically Angel's father, it was common for the first year of her being in his custody to be checked on. Though, to be honest, Angel thought she just wanted a reason to fuck her Dad over. Miss Bumble cared very little about her, if she did she would have actually gone and looked for her.

Angel had cleaned her room again the only reason she had stopped was because Tim had forced her out of the room and in the living room. When Bumble came, Angel and Tim sat in the couch, watching movies.

"Hello, Miss Bumble '' Alfred answered the door, already being told about his new mistress caseworker. The woman looked at the butler, before rolling her eyes and entering. She didn't hide the clear hostility towards Wayne, instead ignoring him to look at Angel. Said girl who still had a cast in her arm and glared at her, hiding behind Tim Drake. Everyone knew about Bruce's little charity cases, as Bumble thought they were. Bumble had always thought that he was using the boys in other types of ways, and she didn't want that to happen to her sweet Angel.

"Hello, Angel, how are you today?" Bumble asked, grabbing the girl from behind the boy, and hugging her. Angel tensed in her embrace, looking over the older woman's shoulder to meet Jason's eyes. Jason's jaw was clenched as Bumble was both ignoring them and making Angel uncomfortable. Angel awkwardly moved away, breaking Bumble's smile, as the case worker finally allowed herself to speak to the oldest Wayne.

"How is she doing? In your opinion?" Bumble asked, as the two sat in Bruce's office. Angel and the rest were going to be talked to once Bumble finishes with Bruce alone. Usually she would talk to the two new parents and the child, but Bumble wanted to speak to them separately. She wants to find a reason to keep Angel away from her newfound father. Not against Angel, no this had nothing to do with her. It was all about Bruce fucking Wayne.

"Angel has been doing well, she has her doctor appointment in two days, and she starts school soon after. We've both come to an agreement that she isn't going back until Doctor Levi gives the all clear." Bumble sighed, writing down everything.

"She is doing okay I assume? Emotionally?"

Angel leaned in, ear pressed into the wall as Jason and her were trying to eavesdrop in their conversation. "Are you two kidding me?" Angel looked at Dick, shushing him. "Don't judge us, I've always listened to the conversation." Dick sigh, leaning back. He hadn't listened in to his old case worker and Bruce talking in, though he was more interested in the cave than about everything else. But then again, Dick had been much younger than Angel when Bruce adopted him. Jason just wanted to know what was going on with the wicked witch.

"She started therapy three days ago, her first session, and we'll see if they fit together."

Angel scoffed.

"The bitch doesn't believe in therapy, god she had hated it when one of my old foster family recommended it. " Jason looked at his sister, before leaning in. Both boys knew that Bruce had somehow figured out that they were listening in. But Angel has still not been told about their alter egos.

"Do you like it, Angel?" Bumble asked, as they sat in her room. Angel was sitting at her desk as Bumble sat in the bed. "Yeah, they're all super nice to me. Br- Dad" Angel stopped herself, knowing that Bumble would use the fact that she calls her Dad 'Bruce'. "Dad enrolled me in a new school, I get along with my brothers and Alfred is super nice. D-Dad and I have been spending time together, since we've missed so much time. We both liked dark chocolate!" Angel said, looking up at her. The only thing she was lying about was calling Bruce 'Dad', but she was spending time with her bio dad. It wasn't the easiest thing since he worked like crazy but Angel could see that he was trying. Miss Bumble sighed, looking over the child. No sign of abuse other than her arm cast and this was the most relaxed she had ever seen her. Bumble nodded. "Okay, that's great to hear"

Angel could feel the relief wash over them all as the older women finally left the house, with Tim leaning to her good side. "I want some ice cream," Angel said, making Tim laugh. Bruce smiled, patting his daughter's head. "Yeah, I could go for some ice cream also" The young girl looked up, giving her father a smile before looking over her new family.

Bumble looked over her notes, frustrated about the lack of evidence she could use against Bruce Wayne. Nothing against Angel, but Mr Wayne couldn't possibly be a good father. The whole visit none of his other adoptive children called him dad and Angel seemed to force herself to call him Dad. It was suspicious and she was going to make sure that Bruce Wayne couldn't adopt more .