Chapter One: Sixteen Years in Hell (Part 1)

- - - - DÍAZ HOME- - - -

It's 8:30 in the morning at the Díaz home. The last to wake up is 16-year-old Ritchie Díaz. Today is especially a groggy day because today is Ritchie sixteenth birthday. Any other teenager his age would be excited about their birthday but for him, it was another Monday. As Ritchie rolls over, he sees that it's time to get ready for school.

Ritchie: Ugh...Fuck.

Ritchie sits up in his bed and rubs his eyes. The look on his is filled with exhaustion and aquish. Ritchie looks over at his night stand and sees a birthday card on there. He opens it and see it's a card from his mother

    DEAR RITCHIE,
Happy 16th Birthday my precious boy.
Sorry I couldn't be there to wish you in person
But I had early shift at the diner.
I'll see you later tonight to give you your gift
Have a great day at school today
Love, Mom.

Ritchie looked at the note with a slight smile on his face. He loved his mom deeply and would do anything to keep her happy. While looking at the note, his phone begins to ring. He answers the phone to see that his best friend, Xavier Conners is calling.

Ritchie[OTP]: Hello

Xavier[OTP]: Dude, where are you? Me and Crystal are outside waiting.

Ritchie[OTP]: Yeah... give me a minute, I'll meet you two outside alright?

Xavier[OTP]: Alright just hurry up. I don't wanna explain to my Dad why I was late today.

Ritchie hangs up the phone and begins to get ready for school. Moments later, Ritchie walks outside to see his best friends outside waiting for him.