Chapter 2: Devil on my Shoulder (Part 2)

- - - - RITCHIE HOSPITAL ROOM- - - -   The next morning, Ritchie wakes up and looks around the hospital room

   The next morning, Ritchie wakes up and looks around the hospital room. Thankfully, everything seemed normal so hopefully what happened in the bathroom was just in his imagination. Shortly after Ritchie wakes up, a nurse comes into his room to check on him.

Nurse: Good Morning. How are we doing?

Ritchie: Fine, I guess. My mom said that if everything looks ok, I can go home. Is that true?

Nurse: Well, surprisingly, your injuries are healing faster than we thought. After we run a few test, it appears you could leave as early as tomorrow.

Ritchie: Thanks. And Nurse, is it ok if I see my friends?

Nurse: I don't see why not? There rooms are B-12 and B-13.

The nurse then shortly leaves the room leaving Scott alone, who is still troubled in thought.

                    - - - - CRIME SCENE- - - -
     Meanwhile, Police cars are surrounding the area where the crash happened. Yellow tape block off the scene, with Police photographers taking pictures of the remains left from the crash. As all this is happening, a black Mercedes Benz pulls up with two detectives sitting inside. In the drivers seat is Detective Peter Andre, who's a hard-boiled veteran detective. In the passenger side is his partner, Detective Abigail Brooks, who may not be as grizzled as Peter, she was one of the best criminal detectives on the force.

Detective Peter Andrés: It's days like this makes me hate being a cop.

Detective Abigail Brooks: Look on the bright side, at least you get to catch the bad guys.

Detective Andrés: Maybe fun for you. But for me, it means more paperwork.

Peter gets out the car, leaving Abigail to finish her coffee. Once he walks under the yellow tape, Peter begins to scan the crime scene. The area looked like the set of a 1970's horror movie. As Peter is examining the scene, he's met with a beat cop who's walking with a homeless man.

Beat Cop: Detective, we have witness here who says he saw the whole thing.

Homeless Man: It was the Grimm Reaper!!!

Peter Andrews : [sigh] Uh huh. So what'd you see this "Grimm Reaper" do?

Homeless Man: What the fuck do you think?! He dragged all those punks souls, straight to hell.

Peter Andrews: Ok sir. Just tell your story to criminal report.

As The Beat Cop takes the homeless man away, Detective Andrés pinches his nose in exhaustion. Shortly later, his partner walks up next to him.

Abigail Brooks: Should've took me up on that coffee, huh?

Peter Andrews : More like an aspirin.

???: Detectives, over here.