the boss and the assistant

Oh my God its going to rain , l said as l looked outside the window of the helicopter my boss and l were in . I could see dark clouds heavy with rain scatter the sky which was clear a few minutes ago and the loud rumble of thunder wasn't making the situation any better.

This is bad, why didn't you check the weather forecast before deciding to fly this death trap , l'm going to die , l said panicking as l looked at my boss Mr Axel Knight who looked rather calm in this dire situation.

We were coming from Los Angeles after snagging a majer deal we worked so hard to get. Calm down Alicia we will be fine , its not raining yet and we will be in New York in less than 45 minutes. 

We were in the middle of nowhere, l was scared of heights and always have my heart in my throat whenever he flies his helicopter or we use his jet. I should have gotten used to flying after working for him for three years and constantly going to never ending business trips but no l'm still deathly scared, l will never get used to this and now l'm going to die in a plane crash.

It started raining , it was pouring heavily and l could see lighting flashing.  Mr Knight l think we should land and continue with our journey when its calm , l said panicking so hard , l could feel fear gripping my whole body.

There is no place to land , its an endless jungle and no clearing at all . He said calmly. I looked outside the window and all l could see below us were trees and more trees and just then the lighting hit the helicopter and Mr Knight started loosing control of the helicopter.

I screamed so hard with tears coming down my face . Alicia we will be fine , l promise, he said trying to gain control of the plane but smoke was coming out where the lighting hit and l was too far gone to listen to whatever he had to say .

We were falling fast and l could see my life flashing before my eyes before everything went black.

I woke up when l felt heavy droplets hitting my face.l took in my surroundings and saw that l was in my boss' arms as he sat down and a few feet from us the helicopter was on fire. He got me out , he saved my life.

Thank you so much for saving my life l said looking into his emarald green eyes that l loved so much . I was so attracted to my boss and l couldn't deny that and l knew he was attracted to me too because of the few heated kisses we shared in these past months and our attraction was reaching dangerous heights.

You don't have to thank me, you know l would never let anything bad happen to you , he said cupping my cheek softly.

Come on we need to find the nearest road he said helping me to my feet . He looked at his phone as he tried to pinpoint our location and see the nearest road .

We are ten miles from the main road and we have to walk fast before its dark he said as he started walking leaving me behind.

Mr Knight l can't walk in these heels , l said as l tried lifting my leg, the tips of my heels were sinking in the soil with each step l took .

He came back and looked at me with a glare , l told you to call me Axel and hand me over your shoes he said as he stretched his hand to me .

I gave him my heels and he snapped them off and l was left with flat pumps and he threw the thin six inch heels away and we began walking in the thick forest as the rain kept pouring on us , atleast Axel had given me his jacket but it wasn't doing much as it was drenched.

Axel had been trying to call for help but there was no network and his phone battery eventually died. My purse and phone were left in the helicopter so it burnt .

It was getting dark and we were still far away from the road , l know l was the one to blame for the slow progress because l kept complaining about being tired. .