Calm before strom

India vs Australia
5th and the final ODI

The whole stadium was deadly silent. The match was now standing in a nail biting stage. Chasing Australia's mighty 397 target, india was struggling in 14/2...... star opener K L Rahul and the unusual no3 batsman Shreyas Iyer were back to pavilion. Australian fans were celebrating hard, while Indian fans were solemnly watching the game, praying for some miracle.

Everyone present in the stadium could clearly tell that there was definitely some unusual things happening in field. Despite of getting early breakthroughs, team Australia was now in pressure.....as they're going to face the deadliest and most feared ODI batting duo on the crease now......both in a terrific form.

They're going to face the Hitman Rohit Sharma and Captain Fearless Virat Kohli!!! Together!! and no matter how much big target they have.......Australia knew that as long as this pair will play together......no target is safe to defend.

Meanwhile Virat joined a sulking Rohit in the middle and rolled his eyes.

"What happened to you now Ro?? Why you're making a face now???"

Rohit pouted.

"Uhh...
I don't want to play calculatively and safely captain!!! Run rate is increasing and we need to attack!! On the other hand, we've to play safely too because we can't afford to lose any wicket now!!! Or else we'll loss the match, the series and the chance of being no1 odi team!! So.....I'm confused. Now what should I do???"

Virat chuckled.

"Ok then you play however you want to!!! Play pull shot, cover drive, flick, even reverse sweep.....play whatever you want but just....don't loss the wicket. I'm holding wicket from the other end."

Rohit smiled thankfully.

"I promise i won't disappoint you Skip!!!"

Virat grinned in response.

"You know you can never disappoint me!!! So..now Come on Mr Vice Captain!! It's show time!!!"

And with that.....the Australian bowlers were facing their worst nightmare ever. A dangerously dedicated Rohit Sharma with his bestfriend at the other end. Rohit was absolutely smashing all the bowlers, really not caring whether a spinner or fast bowler. By the next 10 overs.....Rohit was now batting at 90 with india scoring almost half of the target. Virat true to his words was playing carefully, not pressuring himself to score unnecessary boundaries. Soon both of them completed 100 run partnership and just when the Australian were losing hope.....suddenly the unwanted thing happened. Which....was going to change the course of the match...and unfortunately their lives too!!!

In the last ball of 39th over, virat was trying to take a single so Rohit could be at strike in next over. Rohit was hesitant at first but they completed the 1st run nevertheless. Virat ran for the 2nd run....not realizing that the fielder already threw the ball to the wicket keeper. Virat hurriedly went back to the striker end and suddenly realized he didn't asked Rohit go back, resulting them standing on the same side. By the time, Rohit realized that virat canceled the 2nd run and tried to go back to non strike end but it was already late. He was already run out and the Australian fielders were celebrating aggressively. Rohit frustratingly glared at Virat and walked back to the pavilion on the score of 98.

Virat felt a little sad that Rohit missed a well deserved century. But he decided to focus on the match first. Team india were 298/3 and they still needed to score 99 runs in just 10 overs. So virat decided to accelerate his innings and asked Rishab, the new batsman to play carefully. After many attempts, rishab finally agreed to play safely and virat started his counter attack. Soon he reached at his 48th ODI century and rised his bat to acknowledge the crowd's cheer. While hugging Rishab, he looked towards the dressing room as usual and felt sad when he didn't spotted Rohit cheering for him.....he scoffed internally.