Chapter 25 : Imperatrix Umbrosa

I thought I would training with the Shogun, not Ei herself. Not that the Shogun is any less terrifying than her. She's teleported me inside the Plane of Euthymia.

"Will we train here?", I ask.

"No. I wanted to have a word with you first.", she says summoning a bench.

She gestures me to sit and sits down beside me.

"Of course, Ei-sama."

She starts, "First of all, I would like to apologize for destroying your vessel. Secondly, for restricting your travels outside Inazuma. I understand that the Shogun wasn't exactly nice about it. But I know you understand that we only have the people's best interests in our mind."

"Yes.", I say fidgeting my fingers.

I jolt as she places her hand on mine. I look at her confused. There's a look of guilt on her face.

"I know I've done nothing but hurt you in the past. But now since our differences are gone...I promise you have nothing to fear."

She genuinely looks sorry. She's so much more gentle compared to the Shogun. I shouldn't keep these meaningless fears. I take a deep breath.

"Alright. I trust you, Ei-sama.", I smile.

She looks relieved.

I ask nervously, "Er, will be training with you or the Shogun...?"

"Whom do you prefer?"

"......you."

"Very well. I will be your trainer then.", she giggles.

Goodness. Why is she so adorable all of a sudden?

She says thoughtfully, "Since we don't know the full extent of your abilities yet, we should train someplace isolated. But I haven't gone out in so long....I don't know where would be a good place."

"Leave that to me, Ei-sama. I've been all over Teyvat. I know the perfect place. However, I need you to take us out of the Plane first. I can't teleport from here."

Nodding, she takes us back to Tenshukaku.

"Pardon me.", I say holding her hand and teleport us to Golden Apple Archipelago.

Although I suppose it's still called Haar Islands since the Midsummer Island Adventure event didn't happen yet. Or I'm assuming it hasn't considering the dense fog around the whole place. Unlike in the game, this is a permanent place in Teyvat. I discovered it sometime after I first came to Mondstadt. It was already abandoned when I found it.

Ei says, "Hmm....this place is perfect. Where are we?"

"Haar Islands. East of Mondstadt. However, these islands are located in neutral waters."

"How did you find this place? It shouldn't be easy crossing those dense fog."

"Heh....well, this used to be one of my most favorite places in Teyvat back when I was still in Choxarynn. Sadly this place was only available for a limited time. So when I transmigrated here, I was hellbent on finding it. I managed to pass through the fog with anemo but it took a tole on me. I ended up with a lot of scars. Well, it doesn't matter anymore since I don't have that body anymore.", I chuckle. I also give her a brief history of the place.

"Fascinating....the world has changed so much."

"If you'd like, I can take you to some of my favorite places after the training."

"That sounds nice.", she smiles.

After exploring the archipelago, the training finally begins. I died inside a little when she summoned her polearm. It's another 2-star. It doesn't look good on her at all.