chapter 6

5 minutes before greed activated time stop

Rimuru pov

Here I am in Tokyo, specifically in a hotel sitting down with a glass of grape wine in my hand.

It's been 200 years since I arrived in this world and gave and gave humanity world-defying abilities and it's been.....well, can't say it's great since humanity brought themselves to the brink of extinction countless times but even that's an understatement!

I wasn't expecting anything big from them and although I met a handful of people who I can say are interesting well I kinda expected this knowing their nature.

Anyway, a few years after humanity was given supernatural abilities, they studied it and also performed cruel and painful experiments on those who obtained these powers which they then unsurprisingly turned those humans with destructive powers into weapons and killing machines for their gain.

Not that much later two countries met in a "disagreement" which then
cause the other neighboring countries to pick sides slowly turning into a world war between two sides.

And I, Rimuru tempest, a demon lord from another world just stood by on the sidelines and watched humanity duke it all out with their fancy technologies, supernatural abilities which they just named quirks, and on top of that their entire arsenal of bombs such as bio-bombs, atomic bombs, nuclear bombs and so on.

And I just watched them on the sidelines never interfering even when they are about end all of life on the planet earth so to say. And if you're wondering why doing nothing about this well that's simple, if your me who lived for countless ages and seen countless lives die and worlds destroyed countless times before your eyes, your perspective of existence changes.

And there are still infinite worlds in the multiverse and there are arguably countless worlds being destroyed and created every time so the destruction of one space-time isn't that big of a deal right? ahahahah..................

Ahem, anyways all the losing countries made their big final move by launching their world-ending bombs in the air, it's their way of saying "if we're going down, you all are going down with us".

I looked at the world one last time with the sky covered by a blinding orange light with all the rockets flying through the atmosphere before I leave the world knowing how it will all end, a teen who I assumed was forced to go to war, because of his uniform him being in the middle of the battlefield and all, caught my attention for the reason of him having an abnormality that separates him to others.

It seemed that the boy was about to use his abnormality so I amused myself and watch the boy who was now raising his right hand towards the sky then..........

*Time stopped*

Splash!

"Hm?"

The glass that I was just holding broke into pieces spreading its shards along with wine that was once inside stuck in the air.

"Ho~ someone seems to stop time, but for someone to stop time affecting the solar system as a whole...."

After a few seconds of thinking about who could've done this, a smirk slowly crept on my face when a certain purple-haired guy popped up into my mind.

"Heh~ for you to use it on this extent tho something must've happened"

I located the brat's location with one of my skills and it looks like his in the infamous Musutafa city, I watched him in a giant hovering orb that acts like television as he walks towards a green human sludge then something caught my attention

"Huh?"

A male teenager and also an abnormal, who is conscious and moving and what's more impressive is that his body wasn't atomized as if time wasn't stopped and if that's not impressive enough the moment I tried to analyze the boy and something was stopping me from seeing through him and that caught me off guard.

"That must've been his abnormality huh......hehe......haha.....ahahahahaahaha!"

I could hear my laughter echo through the room if the sound was accessible but enough of that I finally found someone, someone who can quell my eternal boredom.

"Even tho I'm in an avatar for someone who could prevent me from reading them even in this state, that wasn't some ordinary feat that anyone can do."

When I was talking to myself I saw an I.D on the ground that probably belongs to the kid, I looked at the I.D and read his name

"Yuji Itadori, so that's your name very well from now on kid you will be my new source of entertainment fufufu I hope you won't disappoint."