chapter 8

"Goodbye" Normal talking
'Goodbye' Thinking
'Goodbye' Flashback
[Goodbye] Inner Voice

-----------------------------------------------------------

The two individuals inside the office stared at each other with different expressions, the chimeric principal had a wary expression towards the Sinner, and Greed on the other hand stared at Nezu with amusement visible in his eyes.

"What do you want?" Nezu calmly asked the man as he walked towards the counter refilling his cup of coffee

"It's good to see you too, Mouse" Nezu, after feeling up his mug of coffee returned his attention to the man who stood up from his office chair and began to roam around the room rummaging and looking through his stuff like a curious child in a toy store. Nezu sighs in annoyance seeing Greed's childlike antics.

"I can't say the same...again why is a crown here in the city?"

"Will you believe me If I came to visit an old friend?"

"I'd say that's full of crap." The man chuckled from his response and turned towards the chimera who has a serious expression plastered in his face. "Am I that unwanted?"

"With that reputation of yours you can't blame me"

"Well I came here for three reasons. Originally I only came here to deal with some...pests....the Yakuza"

"...."

"Normally I wouldn't involve myself with such matters but this is different. Other than some quirk destroying drugs, they obtained something that shouldn't be in the wrong hands. A weapon of destruction" The man paused making sure Nezu processed everything he said

"A quirk destroying drugs?" Nezu asked

"Yup it's in the name, a drug that destroys quirks. We are still trying to uncover what it is made of though"

Nezu began to ponder what Greed had said. He knows that Greed wasn't the type to completely lie though he may mix truth and lies so if there really is a quirk destroying drug they have to deal with it quickly before it will turn into an irreversible damage.

"Why are you telling me this?"Nezu asks suspicious of Greed

"Well I'm just telling you in advance saving you the trouble of finding out the reason why I'm here....that and I'm asking you that you and your heroes should not interfere."

"And if I do interfere?" Nezu questions the man who just showed a sinister smile 

"If you do stand on my way then..." with a smile Greed released a killing intent with pressure enough to make a fully grown man faint.

The chimera can be seen still drinking his coffee looking composed but there are visible sweats on his forehead that didn't go left unnoticed. Cracks can be seen all throughout the room caused by the sudden burst of Greed's killing intent.

"...you will give me no choice but to crush you and everyone that stands along with you." Greed declares as his right eyes begin to glow purple and his face now devoid of emotions.

"I don't want to fight you Nezu especially with that annoying ability of yours but if you do get in my way I will not hesitate to destroy you." Greed says as his killing intent began to cool down and the pressure is slowly diminishing. Nezu can only sigh knowing full well what the man before him is capable of, he admits that he possesses an incredible ability but it pales to compare to Greed's.

"I can't really promise you anything. If you go overboard and endanger the public then I'll also be forced to stop you. There's also the other heroes, I can't stop them if ever they will stand on your way so you'll also be forced to deal with them so please go easy on them." With this response Greed couldn't help but let out a laugh  which for some reason annoyed Nezu a little bit. After a full minute, Greed's laughter begins to die down and a tear formed in his right eye which he wiped down.

"Hah~ I didn't expect this. You, a creature who has a huge grudge against humanity and rightfully so, actually cares and looks out for them? Hah!" Greed says in a mocking tone

"I think you misunderstood, I care for the balance and order and I don't particularly hate all humans. Plus a sin of one man isn't punishable throughout his kind no?" Nezu states as if it's a matter of fact

"Well unless they are a hive mind..."
Greed joked

" Right. So is that all the things you want to say?" Nezu asked who is eager to end the conversation

"No there is one last thing I want to say and that is..." Greed's expression became serious again

"...'He' is here."

"Pardon?"

"He is here in japan I don't know where specifically but when I did that little stunt earlier I felt 'His' gaze fell upon me and then to a kid who seemed to catch his interest"

Nezu fell silent hearing that an avatar of that...that...man is here. Just the thought of 'Him' is enough to trigger a PTSD. Nezu can only describe 'Him' as a heartless being who toys with everyone for his own self satisfaction.

"You said something about a kid" Nezu eager to change the subject not wanting to remember that man

"Hm, have you heard of the sludge incident?"

"Yes, news travels fast especially that you scared All Might."

"He was getting on my nerves anyway, I saw this group of kids who probably are around 14 or 15 years old they have decent quirks but only one piqued my interest. The boy looks like an average student but his ability says otherwise. Manami, even with her eyes that can see through truths and fallacy could not analyze and see through him. Even when I stopped time he still was able to move and was not fixed in one point if time with his body still intact that alone screams abnormality and irregularity."

For a kid to move in and remain unaffected in a time stopped world it sounded laughable unless....the kid possessed an Abnormality.

Since the great war where humanity and all living things was almost wiped out to extinction, individuals that possess an Abnormality greatly declined to the point where it looks like it doesn't exist anymore as if nature or the universe itself took it back.

There are only thousands if not hundreds of thousands that remain at this point of time. It may not look much but if it were to compare to the total population of humans  it's really small.

"{No Longer Human}, an anti-skill ability that works by negating and denying any phenomena that the user deems unnatural. An anti-skill like that makes him a natural enemy of ability users not limited to Abnormalities." Greed explains the Abnormality giving him a weird look from Nezu

"So you assume that he possesses {No Longer Human} just from that? That's a bit much don't you think?..." Nezu questions Greed who chuckled at the chimera's doubts

"Not really, I've faced the first bearer of the Abnormality {No Longer Human} during World War 3 and he was one of the few individuals that's close to killing me. He was a ferocious foe..." Greed pause as he reminisce the past then continues

"There is also that reason where he also attracted his attention I think that's good enough. And even if it's not the same Abnormality, he still nullified my ability and with that I hope he can help end this hell." Greed added earning a sigh from Nezu

"So...what are you going to do to the kid?" Nezu asks slightly worried of what he would do to the kid

"I'll just ask him and tell him some convincing reasons for him to be with us and if he rejects the invitation then I'll just ask you to look out for him."

Silence fills up the room once again as Greed quietly stands in the middle of the room and Nezu thinking about the conversation that they just had.

"Well would you look at the time, we talked for what felt like an hour but it didn't even last over a minute"

'wait what?' Nezu looked at the clock and he was right, the clock's hands remained the same when All Might left the room. Nezu then peaks outside of the window and sees that everything is suspended.

"Neat trick right? You didn't even realized time stopped moving by allowing you and the objects here to move in a suspended time."

"I'll see you soon."

"Hopefully not."

Greed took a step and time began to flow again and the sinner couldn't be seen anywhere leaving a bewildered Nezu in the room