Prologue

Secretkeeper sat on the gloomy, lava-filled Night Kingdom. She was a five-year-old dragonet, and right now, she was watching the ocean waves lap onto the shore on the Kingdom's island. It was spring, so small blades of grass were sprouting from cracks in the island's stony ground. The few trees were budding sick-looking leaves. But Secretkeeper thought it was pretty; she had never seen Pyrrhia, so she though this is what it looked like everywhere.

"What are you doing out here alone?" a slightly familiar voice asked from behind Secretkeeper. She turned her head to see a black dragonet, but he had an almost black underbelly, though it was grey. His spikes were white, and his horns where the same color as his belly. His eyes were red, and the whites of his eyes would be more accurately called yellows; as in, it was dull yellow.

"Oh, nothing much. Just watching the ocean... You seem familiar..." Secretkeeper replied, turning her whole body to face the dragonet.

"I'm Morrowseer. You're in one of my classes at the school. Who are you?" Morrowseer asked, tilting his head slightly to the right.

"Secretkeeper. But don't worry, I don't actually keep secrets. I'm an open book!" she giggled, spreading her wings to emphisize that she was an open book - honestly, she was a terrible liar. And she couldn't keep secrets at all.

Morrowseer smiled and sat down next to Secretkeeper. "You know, parents name their dragonets with what they hope that they hope that dragonet can do in the future. Perhaps you might have to keep a giant secret when you grow up."

Secretkeeper shuttered. "I hope not. I'd tell someone right away... It's just what I'd do! I'm guessing you're going to deliver some important prophecy?"

"That's why I was named! And you never know!"

"That's right. You never know," Secretkeeper rumbled, nodding. "...Do you want to be friends? I don't have any actual friends. Everyone in school already has their groups."

Morrowseer looked taken aback, but he smiled and nodded. "It's just the same with me! Sure!" Secretkeeper found herself happy at making the dragonet smile. It spread to her face, and she looked out at the ugly spring of the Night Kingdom.

"We'll make this friendship last!"

How Secretkeeper and Morrowseer metजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें