Chapter 2

"Hurry up, Secretkeeper! I'll leave you behind!" Morrowseer called as he looked over his shoulder. Morrowseer was larger than Secretkeeper, thus having bigger wings and being faster than her. They had been flying for a while now, and Morrowseer had said that he had forgotten where it was. It was nighttime by the time they found it.

"It's not my fault! Stop growing so fast!" Secretkeeper huffed as she flapped her wings harder. Morrowseer dove downward and Secretkeeper followed him. She was just behind the dragonet as they landed. "Alright, what's this surprise?" she demanded.

Morrowseer grinned. "Follow me." He ran behind a boulder, and Secretkeeper followed him. Behind the boulder was a small cave, and she cautiously slipped inside. After a moment of crawling, the tunnel opened up into a fairly large cavern. Morrowseer was sitting, watching Secretkeeper.

"What is this?" Secretkeeper asked, settling down next to the larger dragonet. 

"I call it the Stillwater Cavern," Morrowseer replied, glancing at his talons. He pointed with a talon at the pond a few feet away. "Look. I figured out when the gloom above the island would clear up a lot, and it should happen in a few moments..." He trailed off, staring intently at a gaping hole on top of the cavern. A few silvery, flickering dots appeared, and one full moon. The light went throught the hole in the roof of the cave, reflecting off the water.

Stars, Secretkeeper thought, I'm a NightWing, named after the nighttime, and I've never seen the stars. Or the moons. What kind of life am I living on this island? In the rest of Pyrrhia, can they see the stars and moons? "It's... beautiful..." Secretkeeper whispered. Just like you. The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't say them.

"Yeah," Morrowseer chuckled, "The first time I found it, a few stars and two moons came out. I was afraid I'd never get to show it to you, so I started to calculate when it would happen again."

"Th-Thanks," Secretkeeper stuttered. "It's r-really nice... I don't think I-I've ever seen stars before. Or any moons."

Morrowseer looked at his talons. "It... reminded me of you..." he said quietly, and it was barely audible. Secretkeeper knew he didn't mean for her to hear it, so she brushed it off.

We're friends. Of course he'd compliment me, it's what friends do! the female dragonet insisted to herself, even though most of her mind squealed with delight. "Stillwater Cavern, huh? We should make this our meeting place! Like a club! Maybe Farsight and Mastermind will come! And the fifth-years... maybe Preyhunter?"

Morrowseer smiled. "Sure. Why not? But it's getting late... We should head home."

"Alright," Secretkeeper said, nodding, "See you tomorrow." The two scrambled out of the cavern, and Morrowseer spread his wings and took off.

"Let's get the others tomorrow, okay?" he called back. Secretkeeper nodded, and Morrowseer glided away.

Secretkeeper lightly smiled. "Someday, Morrowseer. Someday I'll tell you how much you mean to me... And then we'll live happily ever after."