Chapter 3

"Preyhunter! Hey!" Morrowseer shouted to Preyhunter. The purplish dragonet stopped and looked back fearfully, relaxing when he saw the friendly face of Morrowseer. Secretkeeper landed right beside the two male dragonets.

"Oh, hi. What's up?" Preyhunter asked, glancing back in forth from the two others.

Secretkeeper piped in. "We wanted to know if you wanted to be in our sort of club!" Preyhunter's eyes widened slightly.

"U-Um... Sure, I guess... Okay!" he replied more confidently. Morrowseer grinned.

"Great! Let's go find Mastermind and Farsight, then," Morrowseer replied excitedly. Preyhunter joined the two others as they went to find Mastermind and Farsight.

After searching the island for a half an hour, Secretkeeper landed beside Farsight and Mastermind. Farsight grinned and looked at Secretkeeper, then Morrowseer. "Goodness, Farsight, why must you always assume-" Secretkeeper cut herself off as Morrowseer landed, then Preyhunter.

"Assume what, Secretkeeper?" Mastermind asked, fakely innocent. Secretkeeper let out an exasperated sigh, ending the conversation.

Morrowseer cleared his throat and the four looked at him. "Farsight, Mastermind, we were wondering if you wanted to join our club thing. We found our little base thing, and so-"

Farsight rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, sure. Only if Mastermind is."

"If you're joining, I will, too," the male dragonet answered. Secetkeeper decided to give Farsight a taste of her own medicine.

"You're always teasing me, but you seem to be crushing on Mastermind all the time!" Secretkeeper rumbled to the other NightWing.

"Wh-What?!" Farsight yelped, taken aback. She hadn't really expected to be told off about that - in front of Mastermind, at least. "No! Of course not!" The smirk on Secretkeeper's face grew, and so did an idea in Farsight's head. "You're acting like you aren't in love with Morrowseer!"

"Am not!" Secretkeeper roared.

"Are too!" Farsight teased. Morrowseer and Mastermind looked utterly dumbfounded at the outbursts, Preyhunter even more so. They hadn't seen Farsight teasing Secretkeeper before. It took a lot of "am not"s and "are too"s before Morrowseer stepped in.

"Guys, shut up! We should go home for now, or whatever, and meet up tomorrow here so Secretkeeper and I can show you guys where the cave is. Alright?" Morrowseer said in a commanding voice. Farsight grumbled and nodded reluctantly.

"Fine," Secretkeeper sighed. "Let's go, Morrowseer!" She flapped her wings and turned back to make sure Morrowseer was following. He pointed down, signaling to land, but it was a ways away from the others. Secretkeeper nodded and landed.

Morrowseer looked uneasy. "Well, I was just thinking, I better get home now..."

"But you said that you could go back to the Cavern! And it's not even dusk yet!" Secretkeeper complained.

"Yeah, but I just... I'm going home. See ya, Secretkeeper!" Morrowseer answered hurriedly. He took off and glided away before Secretkeeper could object.

"Hey! But you said earlier..." she yelled anyway, but trailed off as Morrowseer didn't turn back. "...that it could just be us, in the Cavern..." Thoughts rolled through Secretkeeper's head as she trudged back to her home, where the fighting Vigilance and Hopebringer would be.

Did I do something wrong? Does Morrowseer hate me? Did I ruin our friendship somehow? She recalled the outburst. Of course. He's uncomfortable around me now that he thinks I like him. I should have never given Farsight a taste of her own medicine. It's not good for her because I'm the only one lovesick.