Granted A Boon

Keertibha - That doesn't mean you'll disappear somewhere Devi!

Keertibha said as she laid a clean piece of cloth on the ground before sitting beside it.

Chanchala - Keertibha, I have a weird feeling about the future.

She explained her worries as she sat on the piece of cloth with her Daasi.

Keertibha - Why so, Devi?

Chanchala - Narayana too has been acting odd since the sunset.

Keertibha - Lord Narayana has tons of worries to be carried on his shoulder Devi. He is the preserver of this universe!

Chanchala - I know Keerti, but...

Keertibha paused for a second, as she looked up at Chanchala.

Chanchala - ...I'm afraid this worry might just be the cause of a huge problem.

She added, making Keertibha believe her words.

Keertibha - Devi Chanchala, everything happens for good. Keep that in mind, before anything.

Chanchala nodded.

Keertibha - Now you should call your dear sister to have some food with you. How long are you two going to stay without having some food?

Chanchala - Yes! After all we need to serve Narayana before he slips into his Yoga Nidra!

Keertibha - Devi Chanchala? Don't you know that Devi Lakshmi has already served Narayana when you had disappeared?

Chanchala stood up, shook. Silence filled in for few moments which rather seemed longer than it actually would be.

Chanchala - What are you talking about?

Keertibha - Devi, you don't know about it?

Chanchala left the room before any further questions were asked. She rushed to Devi Lakshmi, overwhelmed with questions and leaving Keertibha perplexed. The door slammed open but no one was inside.

Her confused expression showed how frustrated she was. Her hands reached out to those doors of the room, asking the nature to show her what she missed to see. The doors flashed thier memory to Devi Chanchala.

~~~~

//AT DUSK//

Devi Lakshmi chuckled as Chanchala rushed out of her room to meet her Narayana.

Lakshmi - I told her she would be late if she stays longer with me.

She smiled shaking her head. Her hands grabbed a handful of her skirt before she ran outside to someone calling her out. The voice sounded familiar to her.

Lakshmi - Narada?

She exclaimed as she walked down the stairs, looking at Narada who was now bowing down to her.

Lakshmi - What is the matter, Narada?

Narada - Oh Devi Lakshmi, I am here to remind you your promise to visit your devotee who has now successfully completed every kind of tests taken by Lord Bramha.

Lakshmi - Is it so?

Narada - It is time Devi, you have to come with me.

Devi Lakshmi turned one last time to look at her room before she disappeared into thin air with Narada. Narada safely took her to the earth.

Appearing on the land of high mountains. Devi Lakshmi's eyes dropped on a human, who was meditating on the mountain with his one toe sitting itself on the peak of it's mountain. Devi Lakshmi was filled with ecstasy, being a mother she is, she was proud to look at her devotee who was as soothing as the shining Soma.

Devi Lakshmi - You have successfully completed all the tests, Vayurdhwaja. Open your eyes now.

Her cuckoo like voice woke up Vayurdhwaja. Son of Vayu Deva who had granted Vayurdhwaja, to a lotus like woman Avyuktha looking for a boon of a son. He touched his forehead on the ground, admiring his mother's feet with respect.

Lakshmi - I am proud of you my son. I grant you a boon. I will fulfill whatever you ask me for.

Devi Lakshmi shined a smile upon him as Vayurdhwaja celebrated the moment considering it as the greatest happening in his life.

Vayurdhwaja - Devi, nor do I wish for strength, nor do I wish fame. Nor do I wish for wealth, nor do I wish health. All I can ask for is you Devi- How you sang me lullabies when a curious young Vayurdhwaja would not close his eyes waiting for your one glance. Oh Devi! Bless me! The way I grew up with your mesmerizing love for me, I want to invest my whole life in you as a father! For having such daughter, is more than enough to fill the pot of happiness of a human. Provide me a boon where you apper as my daughter on earth. I vow I'll perform my duties rightfully, O' Nayani!

Vayurdhwaja lifted his head up to look at Devi Lakshmi, who was silent as the ocean. She looked starstruck, but upon knowing her son was looking at her, her lips automatically plastered a smile upon itself. She felt helpless, yet she had to complete her promise. She had to leave her Narayana, she had to leave her own sister, and take birth on Earth. She made sure her voice wouldn't indicate her weakness as she spoke.

Lakshmi - Tathastu, Putra.

~~~~~

<<PREVIEW>>

Chanchala - Remember me since you can, Prabhu. I won't be blessed with our memory.

Chanchala slowly let's her hand slip from her Narayana's. Flowing down with the water of a waterfall as she smiled her sorrows away.

~~~~~~

Gauri - Mahadev, can't I change what is written to happen! It's too tough for me to witness this!

Mahadev - Gauri, what is destined to happen, cannot be changed. Let it be our very own Narayana. We shall visit our broken Aaradhya, now.

~~~~~~

Vayurdhwaja - Kamala! You run faster than your father! My dear, slow down!

A father spoke to the one whom he held the most precious in his eyes as he ran after her little one.